Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
abraham1982
Beginner

Geolocation (Logical Partition) on Mobility with Smartphones

Hello

We have a new project coming up and the primary requirement is Smartphone Integration with CUCM. (Nokia, Iphone and Android Phones)..

This project will be deployed in India and now my concern is, since here in India there are DOT regulations for TEHO.

• When I configure a Smartphone to integrate with CUCM, if this smartphone user tries to make a call to another IP phone extension at a different location over the WAN and while this call is on, if he conference this with a local PSTN number from his VOIP line on the smartphone then this is going to be a violation.

• To avoid this problem in India, I know Cisco introduced the Geolocation (Logical partition feature).

But do these smart phones support the Geolocation configuration.

I read in the release notes of CUCM that

" Logical partitioning handling does not take place in the following circumstances:

• Geolocation or geolocation filter does not associate with the involved devices.

• No logical partitioning support exists when a dual-mode phone is used. "

Can you help me with a confirmation on this and if possible a better solution to ensure no violation of any regulation while using Smartphone as IP Phone extensions.

Thanks in Advance

Abraham Sebastian

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021