Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware and Software Requirement of IM and Presence v9.1

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Please assist as per below given requirement  points.

Requirement : Physical Server As well as Virtual machine. (If possible please provide a relating links).

1>  System Hardware and software for IM and Presence v9.1

2>  System OS

3>  If require please Suggest the firmware for IP phones 7940G.

4>  Will IM and Presence v9.1 install on CUCM v9.1 server Or It would be on separate server?

5>  What are the dependencies and limitations of IM and Presence v9.1?

6>  I am looking for a fresh installation of IM and Presence without cluster scenario,

I have gone through the CUCM v9.1 release notes but I was confuse while riding the release notes,

please assist the same or post the related links for it, I will  really appreciate the supports.

Thank's !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hardware and Software Compatibility Information  for IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager,  Release 9.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/compatibility/9_1_1/IM_P_Compatibility.html

Unified Communications  Virtualization Downloads (including OVA/OVF Templates)

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29

There's nothing you can do about the system OS, use the OVA and everything will be configured for you. On MCS that's not even an option.

That's an old phone, load the latest one on CCO

They're 2 servers

Dependencies??? IM&P cannot live without CUCM.

Not sure what you mean limitations, I'd recommend you to review the IM&P documentation for that.

Sure, no problem on doing an upgrade or fresh install.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hardware and Software Compatibility Information  for IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager,  Release 9.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/compatibility/9_1_1/IM_P_Compatibility.html

Unified Communications  Virtualization Downloads (including OVA/OVF Templates)

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29

There's nothing you can do about the system OS, use the OVA and everything will be configured for you. On MCS that's not even an option.

That's an old phone, load the latest one on CCO

They're 2 servers

Dependencies??? IM&P cannot live without CUCM.

Not sure what you mean limitations, I'd recommend you to review the IM&P documentation for that.

Sure, no problem on doing an upgrade or fresh install.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime,

Hi Jaime,

Please assist as per below given requirement  points.

Requirement : Physical Server As well as Virtual machine. (If possible please provide a relating links).

1>  Will IM and Presence v9.1 required the separate server or VM to install the same? If Yes, Then how IM & Presence v9.1 and Unified CM v9.1 will integrate with each other?

2>  Do we required separate licenses for IM & Presence v9.1?  Or

3>  Will IM & Presence work with provided Unified CM v9.1 licenses? IF Yes, Then how both ( IM & Presence & Unified CM v9.1) will integrate with each other under same licenses schem?

3>  I am looking for a fresh installation of IM and Presence without cluster scenario,

please assist the same or post the related links for it, I will  really appreciate the same.

Thank's

AT

The HW requirement is either, it can be an MCS, or UCS.

1. Yes, separate server. They integrate just as CUCM and CUPS in the past, review the documentation.

2. No, it's thru ELM

3  ELM handles licensing for CUCM and IM&P.

4. Not sure what you're expecting here, that's not a question.

All the info on how to install, configure and manage is on CCO, you just need to look for it.

Under Cisco.com, there's a support option and a product support within that.

There you can browse to the documentation of any product.

HTH

java

HTH

java