cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have Cisco Fax Server (aka RightFax) questions?

gregsettle
Level 1
Level 1

If there are any questions regarding Cisco Fax Server (aka RightFax) as Cisco ends support renewal options in 2013, I can be of assistance. I can also assist with technical integration guides and other information.

Greg Settle

UC Strategic Accounts Manager

OpenText

35 Replies 35

Thanks.  Based on everything you said, Cisco just informed me no licensing required.   Got that from my territory SE.

I see that Rightfax 10.5 has completed compatibility testing with CUCM/CUC 9.1, but how about existing customers running Opentext Rightfax version 9.4?   That was the initial question in this thread, which was never answered here.

Is 9.4 compatible with CUCM/CUC 9.1?

Thanks

OpenText supports our RightFax 9.4 clients who integrate with CUCM 9.x, however we do not test back versions of RightFax with the latest Cisco CUCM releases (only current product releases are tested, in this case RF 10.5).  If there are integrations issues, we recommend working with OpenText Customer Support.

Regards,

Greg

RallyFAN_WRC
Level 1
Level 1

Greg, good day!

My name is Sergey, I'm leading networking engineer for large oil and gas company in Russia (MGK Itera). We've recently purchased complex IP-T solution based on CUCM 9.1 and now I preparing a documentation for setup all this equipment. For fax server we're going to use Open Text Right Fax Enterprise suite. Can u support me with some answers about right specification and integration with CUCM and Unity Connection?

About specification:

We want to install your solution on ESXi server. Starting amount for concurrent fax calls is about 20. We need integration with Microsoft Exchange, CUCM and CUC, with MFP by SMTP. I need exact specification for these needs with Part Numbers. Is it possible to create some high availability by creating redundant VMs on several ESXi servers?

About integration with CUCM - the following scheme is assumed:

PSTN - E1 - VoiceGW - H323 - CUCM - SIP - RightFax

If this scheme works, I'll greatly appreciate if you send me some documentation about integration CUCM and CUC with RightFax and maybe any recommendations about VoiceGW setup. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Sergey Kushnir

Leading network engineer - voice/video

IT and communications department

MGK Itera

e-mail: kushnirsv@ngk.itera.ru

Hi Sergey,

I'll send you the latest RightFax and CUCM/Unity Connection guide via our Secure Mail application.  Look for an email with download information.  Ive also asked our EMEA Sales Manager to have his team contact you for RightFax configuration and proposal information.

RightFax supports ESXi installations, Exchange and SMTP MFP integrations, and a high availability architecture called a Shared Services collective.  You can discuss with the EMEA sales representative who contacts you next.

The RightFax and CUCM Application Note will provide information for your E1-GW-H323-CUCM-SIP-RightFax setup.

Regards,

Greg

Hi, Greg! This is exactly what I needed! Great thanks for your help and fast answer.

Best regards,

Sergey

Hi Greg

I am currently finishing a deployment with CUCM 9.1 and want to integrate Right FAX either SIP or H323.Can you send me info regarding integration.

Regards Hugo

hleyva@ho1a.com

Hi Hugo,

I just sent you the integration document via our Secure Mail delivery application.  The message will arrive in your email with download instructions.

Regards,

Greg

gsettle@opentext.com

Thank you Greg

I just got it and I am about to give it a good read.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Regards

Hugo

ryandowdy
Level 4
Level 4

Greg,

Trying to find the best solution for RightFax and CUCM 9.1.  We are removing a Nortel Option 81 that is currently using a partial T1 direct to the RightFax server.  Trying to decide if it's better to provision a new PRI direct to RightFax .  Our call path would eventually be PSTN --> SIP --> CUCM-SME --> CUCM Local cluster.  Please email integration and other pertinent guides.

Thanks,

Ryan

richglover1970
Level 1
Level 1

Greg,

I currently have two phone systems an Avaya S8800 and we are in the midst of decommissioning that PBX which is using traditional PRIs with RightFax v10 and replace it with CUCM System version: 9.1.2.12035-1. We would prefer to have our call path PSTN-->SIP-->CUBE-->SIP-->CUCM-->SIP-->RightFax v10.6r2. If you have any integration documents and guidelines this would be very helpful. Also, an OpenText Representative would also be great.

Thanks you,

Rich

Rich.Glover@americo.com

jdhoefler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

We have a customer running RightFax / OpenText 9.4.1.  They would like to integrate with Communications Manager 9.

Call flow  PSTN(SIP Trunk) --> Cisco CUBE --> SIP Trunk to CUCM --> SIP Trunk to RightFax.  It seems to work fine when routing outbound via a PRI that the customer is trying to decommission, but not over the SIP Trunk.  Do you have an integration/configuration guide that references SIP configuration that you could send me?

Thanks

srbartlett20
Level 1
Level 1

We have a PRI from the carrier connected to a 2911 which will connect to Right Fax via SIP.  Do you have any documentation that would help with this configuration?

Thanks

srbartlett20@gmail.com

samuelbonanno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Looking for integration document for CUCM 9.1 and Rightfax 10.6

Gateway-> H323 -> CUCM -> H323 -> Rightfax server

Need something for project - can't find anything relevant anywhere else.

Cheers

nds-noc-1921
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Could you please send me configuration information for RightFax 10.0.0.3095 using the following configuration. (PSTN - T1 - VoiceGW - H323 - CUCM 8.5 - SIP - RightFax) Inbound faxes are working but i am unable to get Rightfax to send any caller ID/ANI information to CUCM. Found the CUCM/CDR is indicating the called number is "no_from_info". This is what RightFax is sending to the CUCM. When checking the Brooktrout Configuration tool it indicates this information under the (From Value: Anonymous <sip:no_from_info@anonymous.invalid>) Please assist.

Email me back at noc@network-data.com

Thanks,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: