Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me !! about AA transfer in unity connection

gssnettech
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have an question , our customer has some IPT device in their office .

One unity connection

two Unified Callmanager

two srst Router

I created two auto attendant handle in unity connection,the external user call an pstn number then the AA Answered pls dial extension no or dial 0 for operator ,then the user dial extension number , the AA answer  means "the system not found you request number" but the internal user can call any internal number , who can explain this problem?

thanks a lot

Best Rgd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Depending on the CUC version you can dial just DNs from CUC or anything.

This checkbox allows this:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the VM ports able to reach the DN you want?

Is the DN you're dialing already configured in CUC?

HTH

java

HTH

java

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I'm not sure about connection but on Unified Unity a caller can only dial an ext to a subscriber already on the system.

Depending on the CUC version you can dial just DNs from CUC or anything.

This checkbox allows this:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi javalenc

thanks for your quickly reply

I already resolve that problem

we found some useful information  Except "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" You must config system call handlers as follow

With Unity Connection 7. You can follow these steps to allow opening greeting call handler to transfer the call to extension which is not unity subscriber:
- Access System Call Handlers >> Opening Greeting Call Handler >> Edit >> Greetings >> Standard >> Check the check-box "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

- System Settings >> Restriction Tables >> Default SYSTEM Transfer >> Look at the entry: * >> Uncheck (unblock)the blocked check-box of this entry. If you do not unblock this entry, when you transfer the call, the system will response "You cannot be transferred to this number. Check the number and try again"

With Unity Connection 6. There is not this feature. So if you want to allow opening greeting call handler to transfer the call to extension which is not unity subscriber. You must individually create the System Call Handler for each extension.
For example: create the system call handler 4000. Configure Transfer option to transfer call to extension 4000 (which is not Unity subscriber).

Thank you very very much for your last update, I was looking for this solution since long time.

Thanks again for all..

This System Setting helped me to fix the issue. Can anyone please explain me this behavior ?

Why * has to be unchecked ?

Thanks gssnettech

Five years later you saved my day !!!

System Settings >> Restriction Tables >> Default SYSTEM Transfer >> Look at the entry: * >> Uncheck (unblock)the blocked check-box of this entry.

Best Regards

Please be aware that by unblocking previously blocked (and tested) patterns, you may open the system up for toll fraud.  Don't ask how I know this.

It would be better in my opinion to add an unblocked pattern for ???? to allow transfers to four digit extensions, for example than to unblock * (all unknown patterns).  Some useful blocked patterns may exist before the "* pattern" which may prevent PSTN access beginning with a 9.  However, there may be other patterns which can provide toll access & do not begin with a nine.

Ensuring the CSS for Unity Connection is restricted from PSTN toll access may also be wise, if possible.

When enabling "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers," I would recommend an unblocked pattern like 21??? in the restriction table to reach 21XXX extensions rather than unblocking *.  Just my $0.02  Thanks

Tzunt,

I applied your recommendation and It worked !!

Thanks again for your support !!!

Enrique Villasana

Hi,

please help me. I have CUCM and CUC version10.5.2.

when someone calls from PSTN and dial by extension, CUC doesn't transfer the call however if we test call transfer by dialing AA internally it works.

I have tried adding ??? pattern in restriction table as well but it doesn't work.

Kindly help me to fix the issue as i am totally confused what to do.

thank you so much. Please help it's very important.

Are you accessing the same call handler when "we test call transfer by dialing AA internally it works" as when you call from the PSTN and it doesn't work? 

Logs or Port Status in RTMT may help you confirm you are accessing the same call handler. 

I'd assume if you reach the same working call handler that works internally from the PSTN, the PSTN call should also work unless you have a DTMF relay issue or something.

Thx TZ

Nice bit of info. ????? works perfectly. Thanks!

Hi gssnettech,

I'm using Unity Conn version 10.x. I've followed your 2 steps : check "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" and uncheck entry * in Default System Transfer.

But Unity Conn still cannot transfer call to user who is not Unity subscriber. Unity Conn play "You must individually create the System Call Handler for each extension"

CSS of voicemail port have access to partition of the user who is not Unity subscriber.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Hi gnssettech,

I have a same issue above with Bryan and I'm using CUCM & CUC ver 11.x instead. Checking the "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" and uncheck entry * in Default System Transfer."  can't help.

I'm getting this message "You cannot be transferred to this number. Check the number and try again" when trying to transfer to other DN that is not associated in CUC Users.

Do you have other solution on this?

Thank you in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: