Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High disk usage on CUCM.

Hi all,

I have a CUCM 7.1.5 with 95% of disk usage and I like to reduce that (it's over the high water mark).  There isn't many logs and the local CDR it's configured to use only 1gb.

Anyone know how to check what is using a lot of the disk?

And how could I fix that?

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

7 Replies 7

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Which  partition is having 95% disk suage ?

You can obtain the information from " show status " command

System will start automatically purging out old log files when it detects that the system has crossed high watermark threshold value. If it is /common partition, turning off any additional traces should help the system in this scenario.

Also, you can download the old log files via RTMT and select the option to delete them from the server.

HTH

padramas

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

The logs are set as normal cucm operation - error level traces. I already checked and the logs and they all new and not many.

Show status

Uptime:
16:34:20 up 33 days,  4:22,  1 user,  load average: 0.99, 1.01, 1.04

CPU Idle:   94.53%  System:   01.00%    User:   03.49%
  IOWAIT:   01.00%     IRQ:   00.00%    Soft:   00.00%   Intr/sec: 1191.00

Memory Total:        2074832K
        Free:          24432K
        Used:        2050400K
      Cached:         473204K
      Shared:              0K
     Buffers:          29820K

Total            Free            Used
Disk/active         12317912K         838220K       11354548K (94%)
Disk/inactive       12317944K         870256K       11322544K (93%)
Disk/logging        43090196K        2838616K       38062728K (94%)

Any ideias?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Hi

make sure that traces levels are set to default.

When did you first receive the high water mark threshold alert ? It will take a while for system to purge out old files.

if the trace level are set to default, you can get list of files and their sizes by " show diskusage common sort " command.

HTH

padramas

I have received this High Water Mark alarm months ago.

The command "show diskusage common sort" will be done later because this may affect CUCM operation.

As soon as i get this list i will post on the forum.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hi Guys

Have you fixed this issue ?

I had same issue like

Disk/active (94%)

so how can clearing up the disk from CUCM 8.0.3 ?

Thanks

Justin

Hi,

the high water mark threshold is 95% after that the cucm will purge the files. If you want the make lower just change this setting. Have a look on the documentation on how the high and low water mark works.

regards,

Here is the link to the documentation if anyone is looking for it: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200581-Procedure-to-Adjust-WaterMark-in-RTMT-of.html

I lowered my watermarks and I was able to drop utilization on the Publisher from 86% down to 47% in the common partition to allow for an upgrade.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: