Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Cluster discovery and _cuplogin SRV

pat.mar.paj
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning from Spain.

I have one doubt about Home Cluster discovery for Jabber clients: until now, the documentation found only mentions _cisco-uds.-tcp.example.com as the SRV record to be used. The client contacts a CUCM cluster, and using ILS the platform finds the Home Cluster of the client. But, it would be possible to do Home Cluster discovery using _cuplogin._tcp.example.com and contacting a CUP cluster during registration process?

I hope I have explained the doubt well.

Thank you very much for your support. Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The ILS Service used to find the user's home cluster runs only on CUCM Servers and the SRV record _cisco-uds provides the location of those CUCM Servers.

The SRV record _cuplogin provides location of IMPS Servers and will not locate home cluster. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The ILS Service used to find the user's home cluster runs only on CUCM Servers and the SRV record _cisco-uds provides the location of those CUCM Servers.

The SRV record _cuplogin provides location of IMPS Servers and will not locate home cluster. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: