cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I capture who has the "HTML Missed Call Notification Device"?

z9jnhami1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any tool, or process, to capture all of the users who have "HTML Missed Call Notification Device" enabled? Would also like to see what parameters are set for this device, for example:

• No**: <where the notification is going>
  • Select HTML Template: <which template is chosen>
  • Outdial Number or URI: <what is populated in this field>

My assumption was that this would be captured by the Unity Connection, User Data Dump, tool. I selected the following two queries: 

• Base Notification Devices” ~ This outputs information about the 5 build in notification devices created for all users with mailboxes in Connection.  It includes the destination of the device (either a phone number or an email address) and if each device is active or not (1 means active, 0 means disabled). Column Header=HOME_PHONE_ACTIVE, HOME_PHONE_DESTINATION, WORK_PHONE_ACTIVE, WORK_PHONE_DESTINATION, PAGER_ACTIVE, PAGER_DESTINATION, MOBILE_PHONE_ACTIVE, MOBILE_PHONE_DESTINATION, SMTP_ACTIVE, SMTP_DESTINATION,HTMP_ACTIVE, HTML_DESTINATION

• "HTML Notification Device" ~ This outputs information about the default HTML notification device for all users selected in Unity Connection 9.0 and later.  It includes the destination of the device (an email address) and if the device is active or not (1 means active, 0 means disabled) and what the callback number is set for. Column Header=HTML_ACTIVE, HTML_DESTINATION, HTML_CALLBACK_NUMBER, HTML_TEMPLATE_NAME

But, when I ran the report I wasn't able to see any details regarding the, HTML Missed Call Notification Device".

Our regional Unity Connection currently has about 22,000 VM Users (i.e., users with mailbox) and I need a way to search all of these to find who is using the device. We are running version, 11.5.1.13902-2.

Anyone know a way to capture this?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Corey P
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like you can get this information from an export.

Cisco Unity Connection Administration > Tools > Bulk Administration Tool

Select Export, Users with Mailbox, then give the file a name.

View solution in original post

Hi John,

I didn't mean the UDD, I meant the BAT. If you export all users with mailboxes you should find that notification device configuration. I know it shows other notification devices, so I would expect it to show that one too. I can't confirm though since we do not have that configured.

Good luck!

Corey

Hi Corey,

Please accept my apologies for my delay in response to your suggestion to use the User Export. I had to wait until the weekend to run the export since we have nearly 21K Users and the export can take several hours and I make it a practice to only run the Exports after normal business hours.

You are correct! This does capture it. Thank you!!

I must have overlooked this before as the Column headers only referenced HTML2.

These are the column headings to look at:

SmtpAddress_HTML2; DisplayName_HTML2; templateName_HTML2; callback_HTML2; disableMobPCA_HTML2; disableTemplatePCA_HTML2; allowVmAsAttachment_HTML2; Active_HTML2

Through the export I can see that there are currently only 7 users with this device enabled. We plan to launch a socialization campaign regarding the use of this device for those users migrating from DTI to Jabber who are used to getting an HTML Missed Call Notification on DTI. Now we will be able to see how successful this communication blitz will be.

Again, thank you for pointing this out to me.

John Hamilton

10 Replies 10

Hi,

please take a look at the User Data Dump ... you can download it at: CUC Tools.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

Marcelo,

As my post above says, unfortunately, User Data Dump (UDD) does not capture this information.

Hi John,

did you use the User Data Dump tool that I described above?

Best regards,

Marcelo Morais

Hi Marcelo.   Yes, I did and it is the same version I already use, AND, Just as I mentioned above in my initial post, it does not capture this for me. Maybe I'm overlooking something??

Hi John

sorry for my distraction ... Uplinx Software has a Report Tool that could help you: Uplinx Report.

PS.: I never use the Uplinx Report for that but I think it worth a try.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for the recommendation of Uplinx Report. It looks very  interesting, however, since I can gather this information already from the VM User Export, just as Corey mentioned above, I think I'll pass for now on purchasing Uplinx. Still, someone else may find it beneficial.

John

Hi John,

I didn't mean the UDD, I meant the BAT. If you export all users with mailboxes you should find that notification device configuration. I know it shows other notification devices, so I would expect it to show that one too. I can't confirm though since we do not have that configured.

Good luck!

Corey

Hi Corey,

Please accept my apologies for my delay in response to your suggestion to use the User Export. I had to wait until the weekend to run the export since we have nearly 21K Users and the export can take several hours and I make it a practice to only run the Exports after normal business hours.

You are correct! This does capture it. Thank you!!

I must have overlooked this before as the Column headers only referenced HTML2.

These are the column headings to look at:

SmtpAddress_HTML2; DisplayName_HTML2; templateName_HTML2; callback_HTML2; disableMobPCA_HTML2; disableTemplatePCA_HTML2; allowVmAsAttachment_HTML2; Active_HTML2

Through the export I can see that there are currently only 7 users with this device enabled. We plan to launch a socialization campaign regarding the use of this device for those users migrating from DTI to Jabber who are used to getting an HTML Missed Call Notification on DTI. Now we will be able to see how successful this communication blitz will be.

Again, thank you for pointing this out to me.

John Hamilton

Hi John,

No worries! I'm glad that did it for you!

Thank you,

Corey

Corey P
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like you can get this information from an export.

Cisco Unity Connection Administration > Tools > Bulk Administration Tool

Select Export, Users with Mailbox, then give the file a name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: