Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i check the license file installed on the server CCM 6.1.4

essaki_ihssan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

i have installed the CCM 6.1.4; and now i want to upgrade to 8.5, but i don't remenber witch type license i have uploaded ( normal or Hospitality).

how can i check the license file installed on this server???

thanks.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

From CUCM admin, did you try License file upload > View file

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

This is a uber-old thread, but I'd like to resuscitate it.

I have a CUCM 6.x system that is "upgrading" to 8.6 on a UCS platform.  I need to pull the license files off the old cluster, but there's no "file get license" command in CUCM 6.x.

Could I theoretically just copy/paste the output from "View File" into a notepad and save with the .lic name?

Otherwise, do you happen to know where the license folder is on the Linux appliance?  I could use a "file get" if I new the exact folder path to the licenses.

TIA,

Matthew

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

Hi Matthew,

I think your idea should work just fine, but you will need to work with;

licensing@cisco.com

To put together the proper license file due to this change called the "License MAC"

Customer Impact from New Licensing Procedures

#

Cisco Unified Communications Manager on VMware on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers uses a different licensing model than Cisco Unified Communications Manager on an MCS server. The MAC address of the NIC card is no longer used to associate the license to the server.

#

Instead, the license gets associated to a license MAC, which is a 12 digit HEX value created by hashing the following parameters that you configure on the server:

#

Time zone

#

NTP server 1 (or "none")

#

NIC speed (or "auto")

#

Hostname

#

IP Address (or "dhcp")

#

IP Mask (or "dhcp")

#

Gateway Address (or "dhcp")

#

Primary DNS (or "dhcp")

#

SMTP server (or "none")

#

Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

This hash of these fields is called the LICENSE MAC

Note : Once there is a change in any of the parameters that creates the License MAC, it will

give you 30 day grace period to generate a new license file for the CM based on new license

MAC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_2/install/cmins802.html#wp584709

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, Rob.  That's what I did.  We'll see what licensing say.

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite