cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I determine max call paths for a given time period?

cbelcher
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a CM 10.5 and we are in the process of moving off 30 or so PRI's spread across the US and consolidate to SIP trunks in my two datacenters.  The question I've been posed with is "what is the max concurrent calls within the last x days" 

All my voice gateways are SIP trunked back to CM.

I've been able to look at RTMT and see what's going on in real-time, but for the life of me can't think of a way to answer my CTO's question.

So I ask you all, how do I pull this off?

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Two ways:

1) You can go to your existing routers and check the high water mark:

sh controllers e1 0/0/0 call-counters

It should give you the high water mark for E1 channels used

2) You can use CDR reports and run reports on your gateways (or in this case trunks if you have SIP trunks)

Both ways to get the peak usage you will need to run the above from individual sites

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks Terry, does this only work for E1's?  I get "Controller T1 0/2/1 does not support displaying this data"  It's an old VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI=  I'll try a site with a newer vwic.  Nope, brand new VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 says the same thing.

Another method you could use is write the activeCalls performance counters to a file in RTMT for several days across all GWs, and then open the csv files aggregate the numbers and it will give you nice historical snapshot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: