cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I get Cisco Unity Data Store DVD Version 8.0 ??

alonsosolorzano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm trying to restore a corrupted Unity Version 8.0 but I don't have the Cisco Unity Data Store DVD.

Where or How can I get it ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Marcial Duran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are upgrading to Cisco Unity 8.0 and reinstalling software on  the Cisco Unity server (for example, because you are replacing the  server or upgrading to Windows Server 2003), you must use the Data Store 2000 disc that ships with Cisco Unity 8.0. The  Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with earlier versions of Cisco Unity  has a different directory structure, and the Cisco Unity System Setup  Assistant, which guides you through installing and configuring Cisco  Unity 8.0, will not recognize the Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with  Cisco Unity 7.x and earlier. (If you paid for an upgrade to SQL Server  2005, we will ship you a Data Store 2005 disc with the rest of your  Cisco Unity software.)

The Cisco Unity 8.0 version of the Data Store 2000 disc is not available for download on Cisco.com. To  perform an upgrade that requires reinstalling software on the Cisco  Unity server, you must either wait for the Cisco Unity 8.0 installation  discs to arrive or manually install SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000.  Manually installing the application is not documented and, therefore,  not supported.

There's your answer.  You need to order the upgrade kit from Cisco in order to get the proper DVD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: