cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I route a specific inbound number straight to a specific user's voicemail?

hutchinsr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who would like to have all calls from a specific number go straight to his voicemail. But, only that caller. How can I accomplish this? If the number calls any other phone on the call manager, it should go through.

1 Reply 1

Doable, but painful.

1. Create "Screen_Calls_to_Bob_PT", create "Screen_Calls_to_Bob_CSS" and put the Screen_Calls_to_Bob_PT in it.
  2. Create "Capture_All_Calls_To_Bob" PT and put that PT in the CSS of the inbound PSTN trunk listed higher up in that CSS than the PT that has Bob's actual DN in it.
  3. Create a duplicate of Bob's DN in the Screen_Calls_to_Bob_PT and set the DN to CFA and CFUR to Voicemail.
  4. Create a translation pattern in the Capture_All_Calls_To_Bob_PT which 1) matches Bob's DN, 2) has "route next hop based on calling party number" checked, and 3) has the CSS set to Screen_Calls_to_Bob_CSS
  5. Create a translation pattern in Screen_Calls_to_Bob_PT that 1) matches the offending caller ID 2) do not make any other changes to the called party or calling party, 3) do not check the "route next hop based on calling party number", 4) set the CSS of this translation pattern to Screen_Calls_to_Bob_CSS. This will cause calls from the offending DN to be sent to Bob's "alternate" number which will forward the call to voicemail.
  6. Create a translation pattern in Screen_Calls_to_Bob_PT with a pattern of "!" (match all), and set the CSS to a CSS that includes Bob's actual DN (but does not include the Capture_All_Calls_to_Bob_PT). This will cause any calls that do not match the offending CLID to be sent to Bob's phone.

I'm pretty sure the above logic will do what you ask, but diagram it out to be sure.

Alternately, you could have all of Bob's calls flow through Unity Connection in the first place and set up a Personal Call Routing Rule that will send that CLID to "take a message", where all other calls will go out to Bob. The downside of this method is that you may lose the original caller ID.

Maren