cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Can I setup speed dials on cisco unified communications?

john.lavin
Level 1
Level 1

From my Cellphone I dial into our cisco unified communications device. It asks me for my remote destination number and a #.

I then enter my pin. Next I press 1 to make a call. For the number I want to call, I want to setup speed dials to these numbers. How can I do this. The only reason I use this service is to call internationally. The numbers I dial internationally I do not want to have to memorize. After I press 1 to make a call, Can I enter in like #1 to get my first speed dial? What is the hot key to allow for this functionality?

Thanks in Advance for your answers.

John

2 Replies 2

Mark Thrash
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I presume you are CUMA.  Unlike other systems that have a pre-defined system speed dial access, CUCM has a flexible dial plan you can taylor to your needs.  Without knowing how your DN's are conifgured, it's hard to know what digits are in the clear; however, you can easily create speed dial numbers with translation patterns.  Limiting their access to specific CSS's gives you added flexibility as well.  I have many customers who have adopted dial plans incorporating similar dial strings as the legacy PBX's they came from to invoke "system speed dial"-like functionality, and it seems to work well for them.  I hope this helps, sorry for the delay getting back with you.  Thanks for the inquiry.

smizerny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

As a follow-on to Mark's excellent reply, I touched base with one of the Technical Marketing Engineers with expertise on Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM).  His input included here for your review.

Regards,

Stan

Dan K. wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no way for the IVR system to tie your external call into the fast dials associated with the user.  The limitation here is that the IVR system is actually a VXML application running on an IOS gateway.  This IVR has no way to access the FD or SD for a user.  Additionally, if you look at the call flow, the call after entering the target number is a new H323 SETUP from the IOS GW to the Unified CM to place the call on behalf of the calling in user.

The suggestion to access user speed dials and fast dials is a good one, but it has not been implemented and I'm pretty sure it is not road mapped at this time.