cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I run a User Usage Report

Cathy Adams
Level 1
Level 1

I need the ability to run reports per user/per extension on calls made and received.  I am running CCM version 6.x and Unified Connection Manager

I also need to know how I could find who is dialing a particular outside number.  I have a person that is complaining that he is getting calls from us but we cannot find out who is making the calls.

Thanks

Cathy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Cathy,

The feature your looking for it called CAR (Call Admin Reporting) log in and select CDR > Export CDR / CMR.

If you export the CDR record for a day that the far end tells you there has been a problem as it to your PC and open it in a spreadsheet. The file is coma separated and treat each column as text so the numbers don't drop the leading 0. It will be then easy to search the columns called originalCalledPartyNumber or finalCalledPartyNumber 

I allways look for just the last few digits as your user 'might' be dialing some other number and quite by accident matching a route pattern / translation pattern and getting through to an external party.

If there is any suggestion of the user being impolite, I also setup a translation pattern the hides the connected party and rings my phone. If the caller is having problems then you can assist them and if they are being a pain they can explain it to you

CAR Guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/car/CAR.html

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Cathy,

The feature your looking for it called CAR (Call Admin Reporting) log in and select CDR > Export CDR / CMR.

If you export the CDR record for a day that the far end tells you there has been a problem as it to your PC and open it in a spreadsheet. The file is coma separated and treat each column as text so the numbers don't drop the leading 0. It will be then easy to search the columns called originalCalledPartyNumber or finalCalledPartyNumber 

I allways look for just the last few digits as your user 'might' be dialing some other number and quite by accident matching a route pattern / translation pattern and getting through to an external party.

If there is any suggestion of the user being impolite, I also setup a translation pattern the hides the connected party and rings my phone. If the caller is having problems then you can assist them and if they are being a pain they can explain it to you

CAR Guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/car/CAR.html

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Craig:

thanks so much.  This is what I have been looking for.  You have answered the question and it is most helpful.  Not sure how to resolve this thread now to Answered and a 5 star rating???

I appreciate your time in this ..

Cathy

Cathy,

My pleasure, if you need anything else let us (the support forum) know.

I guess you found clicking on the stars add a rating as somebody has kindly done it.

Good Luck,

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: