cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you voice enable Directory Handlers in Unity 8.x?

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

I know you just check a box in Unity Connection to create a voice enabled Directory Handler.  Can anyone point me in the direction of how to create/configure a voice enabled Directory Handler for Unity 8.x??  Just want callers to be able to speak a subcriber's name to reach someone rather than have to spell a name from a cell phone keypad.

Thanks in advance,

Tonyc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tonyc,

Unity 8 doesn't have the ability for voice-enabled directory handlers.  You would have to purchase Speech Connect which is another server that integrates via a SIP trunk to CUCM.  Typically customers have a caller input option on a call handler giving them the option to find someone in the directory by speaking it and the call gets transferred over to the Speech Connect server.  I'm not sure what your ultimate goal is, but it would seem more logical to move to UC 8.x which has the feature already built-in rather than purchase a 2nd server and software.  Then again, I don't know what your budget/goals are.

Speech Connect info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/cuscreadme.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tonyc,

Unity 8 doesn't have the ability for voice-enabled directory handlers.  You would have to purchase Speech Connect which is another server that integrates via a SIP trunk to CUCM.  Typically customers have a caller input option on a call handler giving them the option to find someone in the directory by speaking it and the call gets transferred over to the Speech Connect server.  I'm not sure what your ultimate goal is, but it would seem more logical to move to UC 8.x which has the feature already built-in rather than purchase a 2nd server and software.  Then again, I don't know what your budget/goals are.

Speech Connect info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/cuscreadme.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for your time in responding.

Tonyc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: