Views
Helpful
Replies

How I can Use Tandberg MXP 6000 with Web EX

carolinecollet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a videoconference système from Tandberg (Now, buy by Cisco).

I would like to use this codec system with WebEx...  It is possible ?

And how ?

We use the system with internet actually...

Thank you ....

Caroline Collet

ISHEDD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The MXP needs to be able to dial a SIP URI. For WebEx you need a feature called CMR that is provided if your service is on the annuity platform otherwise you can only do web cam. If your account is CMR enabled you can dial a SIP URI from your endpoint. To dial a SIP URI, you need something to resolve the URI like VCS or UCM.

Hence my point above is that this needs a bit of background investigation on your end.

The CMR Cloud deployment guide for tehnical folks is here

Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud Enterpr... | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central

The other option is to set up the unit as H323 and ensure you set up a gatekeeper or DNS server that can resolve that URI something like meetingID@companyname.webex.com or userID@companyname.webex.com

The last point I made is MXP is not officially tested if you open the link above for CMR Cloud on WebEx so your YMMV

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The list of supported endpoints is here, now since the MXP is a legacy product and isn;t actively supported/managed you won't see an official notice

WebEx Meeting Center Video Compatibility and Su... | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central

However your best option is if you have VCS and MXP is registered to it and then dial the CMR URI

Hi Mister Kilambi,

Hi understand that the system MXP 6000 can be use with Webex ?....

But how...  What is the procedure for connecting the Codex on the web for WebEx ?

We have an account WebEx and IP fix for the MXP ....

Thank you

Caroline Collet

The MXP needs to be able to dial a SIP URI. For WebEx you need a feature called CMR that is provided if your service is on the annuity platform otherwise you can only do web cam. If your account is CMR enabled you can dial a SIP URI from your endpoint. To dial a SIP URI, you need something to resolve the URI like VCS or UCM.

Hence my point above is that this needs a bit of background investigation on your end.

The CMR Cloud deployment guide for tehnical folks is here

Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud Enterpr... | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central

The other option is to set up the unit as H323 and ensure you set up a gatekeeper or DNS server that can resolve that URI something like meetingID@companyname.webex.com or userID@companyname.webex.com

The last point I made is MXP is not officially tested if you open the link above for CMR Cloud on WebEx so your YMMV

Elter
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I was testing with a MXP F9.3.1 and I can dial out to the WebEx (WBS 30) URI using SIP and send/receive video, but the presentation does not work.

This MXP is registered to a VCS X8.7, but even with the VCS, the BFCP is not established (cannot send or receive presentation).

*The presentation works fine with another SIP destination.

Does anyone know if this usually works or not?

Thanks

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-6428#reference_0E61FB790126C7DA458F5550747AB922

I don't even see the MXP listed in this link so I think it's not even tested

Thanks

Srini