Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Add Licenses to Existing CUCM 11.5

k.natsheh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CUCM 11.5 on-premise and we used to purchase essential licenses (low cost to use with ATA191 units):

LIC-CUCM-11X-ESS-AUC Manager-11.x Essential User License

But these are not available to buy anymore, what is the license we can buy now to be equivalent to the essential license and that we can install on CUCM 11.5, please?

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

This seems to be a mire of conflicting information, but as far as I can see 11.x can still be ordered on Flex-3, so long as the contract term doesn't run beyond the End of Support date.  When we've been asked to supply additional licences for an existing cluster, I normally quote the Flex with an end date matching your SWSS contract, then it can be sorted out at that renewal date.

As far as I can make sense, it seems that a new Flex-3 subscription for 11.x can be ordered up to May 2023, but an existing one can't be renewed after May 2022.  Which seems illogical.  See screenshot ..

AEOL Screenshot_64.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I believe basic is the next level up. CUCM will pull from a higher level license tier if those are available.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Access licenses map to a UCL Essential license under A-FLEX-3 annuity subscriptions; however, it may be difficult to get an 11.x license at this point. Talk to your Cisco account team or partner.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/cisco-collaboration-flex-plan/collaboration-flex-plan3-data-sheet.html

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

This seems to be a mire of conflicting information, but as far as I can see 11.x can still be ordered on Flex-3, so long as the contract term doesn't run beyond the End of Support date.  When we've been asked to supply additional licences for an existing cluster, I normally quote the Flex with an end date matching your SWSS contract, then it can be sorted out at that renewal date.

As far as I can make sense, it seems that a new Flex-3 subscription for 11.x can be ordered up to May 2023, but an existing one can't be renewed after May 2022.  Which seems illogical.  See screenshot ..

AEOL Screenshot_64.png

Thanks Tony for the great information. One note is that some distributors have offered the old SKU (that is end of sale by Cisco), maybe they have it in stock or something, can these licenses be installed normally?