Views
Helpful
Replies

how to block incoming calls in CUCM

neelesh.gaekwad
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i want to block incoming calls from PSTN  for a softphone in roaming profile, below is the call flow.

PSTN-->H.323 gateway (2921 voice gateway)-->CUCM-->sccp-->softphone(cisco IP Communicator)

this is possilbe if my gateway is MGCP.

i have already blocked the outgoing calls to PSTN from softphone in roaming profile.

the ultimate goal is : softphone in roaming profile should only able to make on net calls, all incoming and outgoing offnet calls(PSTN)  calls must be blocked.                   

4 Replies 4

grpalmer2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Neelesh,

What router IOS code and CUCM version are you running?

Greg

Hi,

IOS code is 15.1(4)M4,

CUCM version is 8.6.2.20000-2

Hi,

Generally speaking you could put a block pattern (like a route pattern) in the partition which is in the incoming calling search space of the H323 trunk from the PSTN GW to CUCM.

If you would like to block the call in the GW you may use there COR. you need separate dial-peer for this number as incoming called number and after that you have to put some restrictions on this dial-peer and on the other pointing H323 trunk to CUCM.

This is a kind of static solution and in some cases may not work for you.

v.

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Neelesh,

The ingress gateway is somewhat irrelevant to the conversation. I say this because the ingress gateway is unaware of a device's location.  So either you allow all or no calls to the endpoint.

Although I am not a fan of this recommendation, you may be able to use CAC in conjuction with device mobility to deny calls to the softclient.  If the phone registers and is assigned a device mobility group (that only IPC will register to), you could set the ingress gateway location to the device mobility location to have 0 bandwidth.  Set the device mobility location to unlimited BW to the other internal phones and internal phone to unlimited,  Calls from GW to phone will have no BW and fail while IPC to phones or phones to IPD.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: