Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Contributor

How to Bulk Import Translation Patterns to CUCM?

Hello All,

CUCM: 10.5(2)

I was told I can Bulk import Translation Patterns into CUCM so I don't have to add each one individually, one at a time through the GUI...

I went to: BAT > Import/Export > Export, and exported the Translation Patterns, then downloaded the CSV file. I noticed the CSV file I downloaded contains: line 1 as the column headings, and then one translation pattern per line after that.

Importing Translation Patterns' Questions:

1. Does the Column Header line (*line #1) need to be included in the new CSV file I want to import?
  2. When importing translation patterns, does the CSV file being uploaded append to the existing Translation Patterns in CUCM, or does it replace what's already there?

For question #2, I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to take the exported csv file I already have and just append the new Patterns to the end of that CSV file, or if I'm supposed to upload a new CSV file with ONLY the NEW patterns I want to add...?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: How to Bulk Import Translation Patterns to CUCM?

Hi! I'll answer...

First of all, you must leave the header. It's mandatory.

Second of it, when you want to upload back your changed CSV, you must leave the file structure the same as you downloaded it. If you noticed, you downloaded a TAR file, not CSV. And in the TAR file you have the "translationpattern.csv" file and also a file named header.txt. So after you finish your changes, select both files and archive them back to a TAR file, and upload this TAR file to bulk management.

Another thing is don't have to leave all the lines in the CSV file, you can remove all of them (I'd prefer that) and add new lines accordingly. Don't worry, it won't remove your current translation patterns, it'll just add the new ones. You can leave the current lines if for example you want modify your current translations and change something. You can also leave them in the file, and when you import them back, as long as you didn't change anything for the current translations, it won't update anything and just add the new ones.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rising star

Hi! I'll answer...

First of all, you must leave the header. It's mandatory.

Second of it, when you want to upload back your changed CSV, you must leave the file structure the same as you downloaded it. If you noticed, you downloaded a TAR file, not CSV. And in the TAR file you have the "translationpattern.csv" file and also a file named header.txt. So after you finish your changes, select both files and archive them back to a TAR file, and upload this TAR file to bulk management.

Another thing is don't have to leave all the lines in the CSV file, you can remove all of them (I'd prefer that) and add new lines accordingly. Don't worry, it won't remove your current translation patterns, it'll just add the new ones. You can leave the current lines if for example you want modify your current translations and change something. You can also leave them in the file, and when you import them back, as long as you didn't change anything for the current translations, it won't update anything and just add the new ones.

Contributor

Hi Slavik, thanks for the reply!

Ok perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. Right, I forgot to mention the tar file stuff, but I do understand that part of it...

Thanks again for the reply, very much appreciated!

-Matt
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards