Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure AutoAtendant on Unity Connection

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco CallManager 8.6 and a Cisco Unity Connection 8.6 on VMWare.I purchased the bundle (solution) Cisco BE 6000.

I did the integration of the Unity Connection with the CUCM via SIP (I also created a trunk SIP on CUCM to access CUC).

I would like to use the Unity Connection as AutoAttendant.

To do this I saw in the forum that I have to configure:

- a CTI Route Point with a DN on CallManager.

- To do a "forward all" on CTI Route Point to the VoiceMail

- On CUC to Add a new System Call Handler and to assign the same DN than the CTI Route Point

- to go to the Call Handler and to change the default message via My Personal Recording.

it would be well?

would I also have to create a end user on CUCM with Associated Device the CTI Route Point to see this DN as User with Voice Mail on CUC?

I would like that the AutoAttendat after Greeting to transfer the call to the DN which is the Pilot of Attendant Console. This action I don´t know how to do it.

I'm confused because I see on Call Handler a field called "After Greeting" with some settings (Call Action, Call Handler, Directory Handler, Conversation, User with Mailbox) but I don´t see any parameter where I can configure the DN to transfer the call.

I also the field called "Call Transfer Rules" but I am confused.

Another thing, could I to configure the CUC for the Auto Attendant works in one way some days (office hours) and out office hours and holidays works in other way?

It is possible to do on CUC to upload "Recorded Prompts" as UCCX Express to configure them as Greetings or I have to record My Personal Recordings with a Phone?

Can you help me, please?

Thank you very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You do not need any rules. How is the "transfer" call handler configured, can you post screen shots?

Does the CSS assigned to the CUC SIP trunk have access to the parition of the operator number?

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your steps are correct, no need to create any users and associating the CTI RP, it will basically always show as unregistered.

I'm confused because I see on Call Handler a field called "After Greeting" with some settings (Call Action, Call Handler, Directory Handler, Conversation, User with Mailbox) but I don´t see any parameter where I can configure the DN to transfer the call.

I also the field called "Call Transfer Rules" but I am confused.

Build another call handler, that is defined to transfer to the extenion rather then go to greeting and then reference this handler from after greeting action in your existing handler.

Another thing, could I to configure the CUC for the Auto Attendant works in one way some days (office hours) and out office hours and holidays works in other way?

Simply build schedule in CUC and apply it to the handler, then use different CLOSED greeting.

Yes, you can upload the greetings from the GUI.

HTH,

Chris

Chris, Thank you very much for your help.

I will try what you tell me and I inform

Regards

Hi Chris,

I built another call handler like you said, however I don´t know to define it to transfer to the Attendat Console Extension.

I configured in Call Handler ---> Transfer Rule---> Transfer Calls to ---> Extension (in this field I set the Attendant Console Extension) but the call is not transfered.

I also went to Call Handler ---> Greetings ---> Standard ---> After Greeting, but in this field I don´t know setting I have to configure. Would I have to create on CUCM an end user with the Attendant Console Route Point, after to synchronize this user with the CUC and in the After Greeting of Call Handler to set User Mailbox "Attendant Console" Attempt Transfer ?

I don´t think so.

Regards

Hi,

I continued doing tests but I don´t get that the call is transfered to the Attendant Console Pilot after Greeting.

Sometimes I think that the Unity doesn´t know how to get to Atendant Console Pilot Point.

I read in the forums that I need to configure a call system transfer, by default transfer numbers that are recognized are only elements from CUC and to dial any other number which is not configured on CUC you need a call system transfer.

I also that I need a caller input or a routing rule to reach a call system transfer.

But in my case I want that after greeting the external call (DID) goes to Attendant Console Pilot without dialing any key, ie the outside caller call and he gets the greeting and after is redirected to the Attendant Console Pilot. Therefore I think I don´t need to configure any "caller input".

I did some tests with routing rule but I had not any luck. Could be due to the Unity Connection doesn´t know to get the Attendant Console Pilot.

Remember that I did the integration between CUCM and CUC via trunk SIP. How the Unity Connection knows that to get the Attendant Console Pilot it has to go to the CallManager (via SIP)?

I am confused.

Can you tell me how can I do this?

Regards

You do not need any rules. How is the "transfer" call handler configured, can you post screen shots?

Does the CSS assigned to the CUC SIP trunk have access to the parition of the operator number?

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks a lot for your help.

The "transfer" call handler is correctly configured. In my case the Attendant Console Pilot (DN) is 5100 and I configured the Call Handler which is defined to transfer to the extension of Attendant Console with the the extension 5100 and I also configured in Transfer Rule ---> Transfer Action ---> Transfer calls to Extension: 5100.

But I forgot review the CSS asigned to the CUC SIP trunk.

In CUCM ---> Trunk SIP ---> Inbound Calls ---> Calling Search Space I had configured a CSS which had accesss to the partition of the operator number but In CUCM ---> Trunk SIP ---> SIP Information I didn´t configure any CSS in the field Rerouting Calling Search Space.

I configured it with a CSS with access to the partition of the operator number and now the transfer works fine.

I didn´t know that I had to configure the Rerouting Calling Search Space with a CSS to access to the partition of the operator numbre (Pilot Attendant Console)

Thank you very much.