Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure Extension Mobility

Caleb Adepoju
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

I am presently at crossroad on getting Extension Mobility to work on a CUCM 7(1)2. I have exhausted as many cisco docs on doing this. Please can someone who has not got just the book knowledge but with experience(s) should please give me a detailed step by step way  in getting it configured and working!

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're following this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-712-cm/fsem.html

And still can't make it work, you're doing something wrong, that's the doc everyone who has configured EM (and 90% is the same no matter the version) has followed to configure this.

Read the doc, digest the info, then carefully go step by step thru the config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Caleb, you can refer the step by step link for EM http://www.voicecerts.com/2010/06/step-by-step-guide-to-configuring.html regds, aman

Hi,

Can u share the snapshots of what all u have configured?

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is not working?

Are you not getting prompted for username/PIN?

Are you not seeing the service?

Are you getting any errors if so what is it?

Chris

Caleb Adepoju
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Thanks for the help so far.
  The only issue I found is that the Extension Mobility Service is not enlisted among the services that can be subscribed for. I only saw intecom call enlisted. What is responsible for this and how can I enlist and subscribe for the extension mobility service.

Thanks!

Is it enabled??

Or did you checked the enterprise subscription option??

HTH

java

Yes, its been enabled on the under features/Services, ditto under enterprise subscription.

Enterprise subscription means ALL devices will be subscribed and you don't need to, so, you won't find it under the subscription options.

Have you actually tried to log to EM on a phone??

And I meant the IP phone service, is it enabled???

HTH

java

Did you make sure that the extension mobility is enabled on the phone configuration page ?

What happens when you try accessing the EM service from the phone ? is there any error message displayed ?

-Rohit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: