Views
Helpful
Replies

how to create multiple sip trunks between cucm and cisco unified sip proxy

nurmawann
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

Is there a way to create multiple sip trunks between CUCM and Cisco Unified SIP Proxy (CUSP)? How to achieve it without creating multiple IP interfaces on the CUSP module.

CUCM: 8.5.1.10000-9

CUSP: 8.5.2

Thank you,

.wan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Create multiple SIP Security profiles, with different ports configured - that sets a different source port, so you can then add multiple trunks to CUCM.

That assumes that the far end CUSP can have trunks/peers or whatever set up to use the same IP address with different ports.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

What's the purpose of doing that?

Thanks!

Hi

Create multiple SIP Security profiles, with different ports configured - that sets a different source port, so you can then add multiple trunks to CUCM.

That assumes that the far end CUSP can have trunks/peers or whatever set up to use the same IP address with different ports.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'll check it out.

.wan

Hello Michael,

This SIP trunk is part of UCCE solution, which used between CVP, CUSP, and CUCM.

The requirements:

1) To have different codecs for different type of calls, as the phones are at few countries

2) To pass different number of digits from CUSP to CUCM for different call treatments

.wan

In my humble opinion,

1) Different codecs can be controlled by regions.  If you put different phones in different regions in CUCM, you should be able to control the codec negotiation with SIP trunk.

2) This can be done on CUSP (router side) with voice translation rules.

Just my two cents.

Hello Michael, appreciate your suggestions.

1) Yes, we've done this as a temporary solution.

The drawback is phones at the same location, have two different regions, which makes the ext mob feature inflexible

2) I'll check this out.

Many thanks

.wan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: