Helpful
Replies

How to create Unity Connection Auto Attendant for several extensions

a.moch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have the following requirement :

All extension for a specific site should go automatically to voicemail after business hours. I have created CTI Routepoints for the extensions to forward them to unity connection and create system call handlers to decide after hours or business hours and route back to CUCM or voicemail.

I can create a CTI Routepint like 1234XXX but in Unity Connection i have create system call handlers for each single extension and another system cal handler for route back to CUCM.

Ist it in any way possible to use regular expression on unity as well for the routeback to CUCM ?

Thanks for help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Matthias Dohm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is this a joint Mailbox for the whole location or does every user have their own? Does the voicemail apply to all calls or just external callers?

You could try to implement the time of day routing on CUCM. Put the directory numbers into a separate partition and assign a schedule to it. That way, you won't need specific Call Handlers.

Matthias

View solution in original post

Put the CTI Route Point you described in a separate partition, add that partition to the CSS after the one with the Schedule, and that should do the trick.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Matthias Dohm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is this a joint Mailbox for the whole location or does every user have their own? Does the voicemail apply to all calls or just external callers?

You could try to implement the time of day routing on CUCM. Put the directory numbers into a separate partition and assign a schedule to it. That way, you won't need specific Call Handlers.

Matthias

Ok, this way the DN´s are avaible during business hours and not reachable afterhours. How do i route to voicemail after hours, when the DN´s are not available ?

Put the CTI Route Point you described in a separate partition, add that partition to the CSS after the one with the Schedule, and that should do the trick.

Thanks a lot, i did it nearly the way you described!

You gave me the needed input!

Ok, still another question.

the CTI Route Point 9876XXX routes now all extensions to Unity. Can i manipulate the called number on the way to unity that it always arrives at unity connection with 9876000 ? I need only one System Call handler per Group of extensions.

I found a solution... forward the CTI RoutePoint 9876XXX to CTI RoutePoint 9876000 and than to Voicemail.... 

This one, was to simple :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: