cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to CUCM 8.6 Directory Integration in a Multi-Forest Environment Only CUCM configuration required?

ahmedzone
Level 5
Level 5

How to CUCM 8.6 Directory Integration in a Multi-Forest Environment?

Currently I have one forest domain only Sync with CUCM so I want to sync CUCM 8.6 with multiple forest issue is that mostly ip phone users are associated with user for   mobility application and call center agents login.

Now Question are:

1)What will be impact when I disable AD sync with CUCM all mobility services will stop working due to user status inactive?

I have seen this solution:

run sql update enduser set status=1

This will then make all the users active again on CUCM

2)Can we able to change password of end users?

3) what happened to IP Phones which are associated with user profile when we remove directory and sync?Also is this impact voice mail?

My Plan:

I disable AD Sync all user will became inactive so I will make these user to local with cmd (run sql update enduser set status=1)

and check all services are running after checking in will sync new multiple forest so Kindly connent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 Yes, unless you turn them into local users with that query.

2 Yes, once they're local users

3 Nothing, that's why you're turning them into local users.

No way to answer about VM as you don't provide any details about that

Bear in mind that the fields you use for AD and LDS/ADAM are not all the same, if you're going to use a different field, you'd need to manually change their UserID once they're local users, before you create the new sync

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 Yes, unless you turn them into local users with that query.

2 Yes, once they're local users

3 Nothing, that's why you're turning them into local users.

No way to answer about VM as you don't provide any details about that

Bear in mind that the fields you use for AD and LDS/ADAM are not all the same, if you're going to use a different field, you'd need to manually change their UserID once they're local users, before you create the new sync

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for you reply. Kindly tell me as I am going to use LDS/ADAM and attribute will be (email) can I change user id in BAT?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: