cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to extract Prime Collaboration Deployment OVA from ISO file

Iyad Musleh
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to extract the necessary OVA file to install Prime Collaboration Deployment 12.5.   I ordered and downloaded the CUCM 12.5 software via PUT.  The ISO file from eDelivery is Bootable_PCD_UCOS_12.6.1.10000-21.sgn.iso.   The Admin Guide says to extract the PCD_VAPP.OVA from it.  However, I can find no such file or any .OVA file in this ISO.   Anyone know where to find this OVA file that the Admin Guide refers to?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a different delivery method, you got a regular ISO, just as CUCM/CUC/IM&P/etc., deploy a blank VM for PCD and then load the ISO you have to install it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

That's a different delivery method, you got a regular ISO, just as CUCM/CUC/IM&P/etc., deploy a blank VM for PCD and then load the ISO you have to install it.

Jaime can you clarify?  Are you advising using one of the ova templates from cucm, etc or creating a vm "from scratch" in esxi?

I noticed the virtualization wiki specifies 2 vCPU, 4GB vRAM, 80GB Disk per https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-prime-collaboration-deployment.html#pcd

If we create the vm "from scratch"... will PCD work correctly?  I would think if it has pre-deployed partition alignment like the other applications, this won't be so simple.

Your response is appreciated.

Deploy the CUCM OVA that matches the specs and that's all you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime!