Helpful
Replies

How to extract several messages from Unity 7.0

woutereelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2)

For legal reasons I have to provide the customer with some messages of some users. Currently the messages reside in their voicemail inbox. How can I get the messages out, let's say, as a .wav file?

I know the recorded name and greeting are located in E:\CommServer\Stream Files.

I assume the user messages are located in the account in exchange, but how do I retrieve those messages?

Thanks for the prompt response!

Wouter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can log onto your PC using one of the voicemail accounts and Outlook client. If your users are voicemail only, you will need to create a new Outlook profile for the user before it will allow you access to the inbox.  Or if you have the Exchange permissions - full mailbox access to the voicemail inbox, you can add the inbox to your existing Outlook as a second mailbox folder, this is how I used to do it.  Install ViewMail for Outlook on the PC you are using. Open a voice message using the Media Master wav player or you can also use Windows Media Player, which can play the wav files providing you are using G.711 codec.  If you are using G.729, ViewMail can handle that.  Either way, you can save the wav file to a network drive or copy to CD.  Hope this helps!  Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can log onto your PC using one of the voicemail accounts and Outlook client. If your users are voicemail only, you will need to create a new Outlook profile for the user before it will allow you access to the inbox.  Or if you have the Exchange permissions - full mailbox access to the voicemail inbox, you can add the inbox to your existing Outlook as a second mailbox folder, this is how I used to do it.  Install ViewMail for Outlook on the PC you are using. Open a voice message using the Media Master wav player or you can also use Windows Media Player, which can play the wav files providing you are using G.711 codec.  If you are using G.729, ViewMail can handle that.  Either way, you can save the wav file to a network drive or copy to CD.  Hope this helps!  Ginger

Worked like a charm. I added the account.

Thank you VERY much.

Best Regards

Wouter Eelen

Awesome!  Glad to have helped :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: