Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to fix "Reverse DNS lookup failed" on CUC Subscriber

Hello All,

When I ran utils diagnose test on CUC subscriber I got below error against Validate_Network

"Reverse DNS lookup failed"

Could you please how to add entries on DNS to fix reverse DNS.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Check ptr record on your dns.

DNS PTR records are used in reverse DNS lookups. When a user attempts to reach a domain name in their browser, a DNS lookup occurs, matching the domain name to the IP address. A reverse DNS lookup is the opposite of this process: it is a query that starts with the IP address and looks up the domain name.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

first, "show network eth0" command will give you the information about what DNS servers and domain name as configured for the network adapter.

second, "show myself" command will give you the hostname of this server.

now, go to your dns servers and add PTR record for that A record in the specific domain name.

usually, the A record is the hostname and the PTR is the ip address.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Have you checked that you have the needed PTR records in your DNS for the CUC nodes?

Response Signature

Check ptr record on your dns.

DNS PTR records are used in reverse DNS lookups. When a user attempts to reach a domain name in their browser, a DNS lookup occurs, matching the domain name to the IP address. A reverse DNS lookup is the opposite of this process: it is a query that starts with the IP address and looks up the domain name.

Response Signature

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

first, "show network eth0" command will give you the information about what DNS servers and domain name as configured for the network adapter.

second, "show myself" command will give you the hostname of this server.

now, go to your dns servers and add PTR record for that A record in the specific domain name.

usually, the A record is the hostname and the PTR is the ip address.

Thank you Lior for your information, it worked for me.