cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to force users to use their local IM and Presence server in a Cluster over WAN deployment?

CSCO11095844
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Experts,

I am in the middle of designing a Unified Communications solution and am currently looking at the IM and Presence part.  As the title suggests,  I am looking to deploy a Active/Active Cluster over the WAN IM and Presence Service.  My question is this,  we have users at the local sites and i would like to know if there is a way to make them use their local IM and Presence service,  what i dont want is users in a location using a remote IM and Presence Service unless their local one is down?

I have had a look through the Cisco docs but it is not clear to me if this is possible.

Any advice would be appeciated.

Thanks

Neil

1 Reply 1

CSCO11095844
Level 1
Level 1

So doing some further reading and googling it appears that i could split out into 2 sub clusters, one at each location with Local failover to ensure users stay at thier local site.  But what i have not been able to glean from the text is if Sub Cluster 1 goes offline completely including local backup would users be able to failover to Sub Cluster 2 at the remote site assuming that IP connectivity was available?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: