cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to forward all calls to a voice announcement?

Shanej9001
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8. I am looking for recommendations on how to setup the ability to forward all incoming DID calls into a phone set to a voice announcement on a demand basis. We are wanting to have a pre recorded voice announcement for emergencies or disasters. We would like to be able to call forward the receptionists phone to a voice announcement playing a pre recorded emergency announcement. I am not sure the best way of doing this. The receptionists phone is a 7965. All 6 of the buttons are full with incoming DN's. Normally after hours the reception phone is forwarded to voicemail.

I don't think I can add another DN with a voicemail to the phone set? Ideally we could press the call forward button and enter a DN eg. 2000 to forward to the evacuation message mailbox.

For test purposes I have setup a test call handler forwarding to a recorded message. It works fine when dialed internally and when the receptionists phone is forwarded to 2000 and calls are placed internally. When I dial the DID line from a cell phone and the receptionist phone is set to forward to the DN the normal voicemail answers.

I am guessing I might not have the proper setup. Should I be forwarding to a voicemail box DN 2000 or using a call handler?

Any guidance would be most helpful.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's expected, by default CUC uses the original called number to reach a VM box or call handler.

Your options are to modify that setting to the last redirecting number (clusterwide change) or create call routing rules for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

If DN 2000 is setup already,  then just record an "Alternate greeting"  for that extension and make the alternate greeting active.

As long as the alternate greeting is active,  it is played in preference to the standard greeting.

You can then call forward all calls to 2000 to the voicemail pilot and that should be all you need to do.

Regards

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the DN 2000 setup and working as expected. I am running into a problem with the call forwarding. When I use CallFwdAll to DN 2000 people calling in on the receptionists DID lines are still getting her voicemail not the forwarded DN 2000 voicemail recording. Internally dialed calls work fine but the outside incoming calls on the DID are not.

I also setup a test call handler and am getting the same result. In doing some research I don't think I can do a CallFwd to a CTI route point. If I wanted to make this work I think I will have to setup a CTI route point and use the same DN number as the outside DID eg. 5000. and have it route from there.

I am thinking the alernate greeting on the receptionists phone is going to have to do the job. The idea what I was trying to accomplish was to have a message for disaster or evacuation if calls call in and be able to forward to a number in a very quick moment.

I don't have all that much experience with CUCM but I am starting to learn more about it!

Thanks

Shane

That's expected, by default CUC uses the original called number to reach a VM box or call handler.

Your options are to modify that setting to the last redirecting number (clusterwide change) or create call routing rules for that.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply Java. Could you elaborate more on the call routing rule? I do have a forward routing rule setup to send the call to the call handler (attempt transfer). The rule I have is dial number equals 3000.

Thanks in advance

Shane

Thanks Java.

I was able to find the right checkbox off in Unity and now the calls are forwarding to the call handler.

- Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: