cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to generate and automatically save CDR and CMR files?

Pragash22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have configured Billing Application server parameter to save my CDR and CMR files.

After configuring the billing server parameter I see 6 files in 1 min on SFTP server.

Is there any way I could make it like to generate only one file per day (or once in a week) for CMR and CDR.

CDR file time interval - 1 (Enterprise parameter)
I have attached the CDR load config

Kind regards

Pragash

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned, do that on your end, once you get all the small files, a program should do the job in no time and deliver you just one file as you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nnikolaev
Level 1
Level 1

System > Enterprise Parameters-The CDR File Time Interval

1 is 1 minute. Change to 1440 = 24 * 60 (this is maximum)

Hi nnikolaev

Thank you for your answer, if I change this option in enterprise parameter, I have few questions on this..

As per my understanding this option will generate the CDR files every 24 hours, so that incase if I have to download the CDR or CMR files manually to thoot any issues, changing this option will impact the recent CDR downloading ?

from documentation:

CDR Parameters
CDR File Time Interval: Required Field This parameter specifies the time interval for collecting CDR data. For example, if this value is set to 1, each file will contain 1 minute of CDR data (CDRs and CMRs, if enabled). The CDR database will not receive the data in each file until the interval has expired, so consider how quickly you want access to the CDR data when you decide what interval to set in this parameter. For example, setting this parameter to 60 means that each file will contain 60 minutes worth of data, but that data will not be available until the 60-minute period has elapsed and the records are written to the CDR database.

those. you will not be able to download the CDR from the database until the file is formed in 24 hours.

also, as far as I know, the number of files does not matter for billing. Splitting by 1 minute minimizes the chance of losing the CDR. If you need one file, you can always turn to your best friend - a programmer. This should take no more than 10 minutes of his time.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is always a bad idea IMO, in case something happens to your servers, you're going to lose data for whatever period you configured it for.

The server will have to hold that, maybe, huge file for all that period of time, and then take a lot more processing and BW while doing the transfer, while the point of using an external file server is that the amount of space allocated by CUCM for those files is limited, which kinda defeats the purpose if you want huge files. It's easier for the server to generate small files, and send small files than a huge file, plus, access to the data is ready within minutes, as opposed to having to wait for the whole period of time you want to use, plus the time it will take to transfer and process.

My recommendation, leave it as it is.

HTH

java

I totally agree.

Hi Jaime

Thank you for letting me know about this,

My requirement is to just backup monthly or weekly save only the CDR file, automatically from CUCM. This file should be analyzable manually if there any requirement.

Is there anyway possible?

Kind regards

Pragash

As mentioned, do that on your end, once you get all the small files, a program should do the job in no time and deliver you just one file as you want.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: