cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get a Cisco Expressway Demo License?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get demo licenses for Cisco Expressway. However, I do NOT have access to a Cisco Account Manager (or a Cisco Partner). Is there another way?

If I can only get a demo license through a Cisco partner then what should I ask them exactly in terms of NFR part numbers, etc?

Do I ask for a NFR demo license bundle for Cisco Expressway-C and Expressway-E? I'm not finding any info in terms of what to ask for specifically to get a demo license like a part number for Cisco Expressway-C & E.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-rya

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NFR AFAIK can only be sold to, and used, by partners, if you're not with a partner, they could not buy/re-sell a NFR to you.

I've heard some people saying that you can get a license demo for some products in the licensing page, you can try that, not sure which products have that option.

Otherwise, you'd need a SE/AM to assist with generating and providing the demo licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply.  So it looks like the only option is to be a Cisco partner or a get a demo from a Cisco SE/AM which we tried at one point without any success (or reponse from the SE).  Other people have reported the same experience.

There are no demo licences on the Cisco Licensing page.  I have been checking for years and there is nothing.  I noticed that this is very frustrating among folks in the Voice community who really want to learn Expressway and demo this feature to their company (or customers).  But they are brickwalled by this requirement.  CUCM, CUC, UCCX all have great embedded hassle-free demo licensing available. But there has been nothing for Expressway for several years.

I see that you work at Cisco, maybe you could pass this info along to the appriorporate people to offical put demo licensing options on the Cisco Licensing page. 

Thank you!

-rya