cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to identify Unity 7 subscribers with disabled AD accounts?

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a ready way to identify Unity 7 subscribers in a UM environment whose AD accounts are disabled? I've spent some time looking in CUDLE and DohPropTest, but I'm not seeing the AD account status.  Any pointers appreciated.

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't specifically looked for this info via Unity before so I could totally be wrong.  If Lindborg sees this post, maybe he can offer some input.  My thought is that I don't know that you would directly get this from the Unity DB or current tools.  I'd think you would likely have to pull the account status from AD (e.g., UserAccountControl type data) and then correlate it against Subscriber data pulled from the DB or even a Subscriber Information Dump with alias and name info.

Hailey

I have found some scripts that will run against AD to enumerate disabled accounts, in the worst case I figure that can be checked against subscriber info dump, just hoped that I could save some effort.  Thanks for the input, if you don't know of a way, probably Jeff is my only hope :)

Unity doesn't have a "flag" in the DB for disabled accounts.  It's likely going to be the manual method Hailey mentioned.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Yeah, I'm interested to see what input you get on it.  My thought is that it's valid for the AD account to be disabled so I'm not sure if it would need to be tracked or cross-referenced in terms of Subscriber data.  One more thought that comes to mind is if it's a pre-2007 integration where Unity was used to create AD accounts then you could look to see if the advanced setting on the system is set to disable accounts created by Unity.  This wouldn't mean that all users were created in the same manner and wouldn't be perfect at all considering that an account could easily be disabled at some later point...anyway, just thinking out loud.  Good luck, man!

Hailey