cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to implement 200 ports in Cisco Unity 4.0?

yewting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently the Unity server are configured with Auto Attendant (using call handler)for external caller. The server are configured 48 voice ports. (75% for answer call and 25 % for MWI,TRAP) Due to the growing of the company, many customers complaint that when they call the general line (AA), always engaged. I have find out the ports are fully utilized. How can we implement 200 ports in Unity?

Cisco Unity Version 4.0

Build Number 4.0(3) SR 1

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am pretty sure that 72 ports is the max on the servers. Please review "Platform Overlay Number 3" of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.html

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply. According to the Unity design guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008022f63b.html If I want to implement more than 72 ports, I have to use Unity Digital Networking? For example, 4 units of Platform Overlay Number 3 and each of that with 72 ports, therefore total I'll get 288 ports, can i assume that? Thank you for your advise.

I looked at the doc and found this line "the customer can purchase additional Cisco Unity servers and connect them by using Cisco Unity Digital Networking." It is assumed that you are going to be using Unity for vm and some call routing using callhandlers. If your intention is to use Unity ports to route, this is probably not the best way because it is too expensive.

What you probably want is CRS, which will route calls for you. Your cisco SE will be the best person to help you design that.

However if your email server is getting hammered by callers leaving vm for your subscribers, then additional unity servers would be needed, and they would be configured with "Digital Networking".

In digital networking, the unity servers and therefore the subscribers of unity reside in the same windows domain and they share the unity-information via windows active directory.

For more info on Digital Networking:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008022cd84.html

I agree with you if using the Unity ports to route is very expensive. However, we have purchased CRS(IPCC Enterprise) for Call Centre but not for general line. FYI, I'm using Unity 4.03 for UM (MS Exchange 2003) Currently the email server is under utilize while the only issue I have is insufficient voice port for Call Handler(transferring call). Anyway, your answer is very useful and thank you for your help.

rapik
Level 1
Level 1

maybe it's time to move AA to "IP IVR" ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: