cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to interpret callsattempted and callscompleted on rtmt

eksantrik
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to understand how I should be interpreting these two perfmon metrics. Because I am wondering how they are calculated. Is there a time range or specific benchmark for a counter to count the number of calls?thanks,

2 Replies 2

Hello There, 

CallsCompleted : This counter represents the number of calls that were actually connected (a voice path or video stream was established) through the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. This number increases when the call finishes. 

CallsAttempted: This counter represents the total number of attempted calls. An attempted call occurs any time that a phone goes off hook and back on hook, regardless of whether any digits were dialed, or whether it connected to a destination. The system considers some call attempts during feature operations (such as transfer and conference) to be attempted calls.

basically, you cannot take both these counters to compare.  Most of the counters in UCM are cumulative since the UCM service restart. But I believe the Callscompleted and Calls attempted are reset at the midnight at 00:00 houses on the local UCM.  you can verify by taking the snapshot on two different days and compare the results. 

Note: I am testing the values today and tomorrow and keep you update further. 

Regards,

Shalid

Thank you for the answer Shalid. It was just confusing to understand these numbers. I was just wondering if there is a configuration element, maybe a time interval, based on which these variables are calculated. Because if that is the case, then I suppose we need to add up all the returns for the last hour to find out how many calls happened for the last one hour.

Or it is like what you said; these counters keep increasing and reset at some point.

Arda