cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Point Unity 4.2 to new Exchange Server

joshthek1
Level 1
Level 1

Our current 2003 SP2 Exchange server is in critical condition.  We are planning on setting up a new server and migrating to it.  Having a tough time finding information on where to make any necessary changes in Unity 4.2 to point to the new server.  In addition, I was hoping someone could point out the permissions that will be necessary on the new server as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This may show up twice as I responded via email but it didn't show up yet:

Here you go man: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_060.html#wp1126324

I think you're good without GSM.  Typically if you're moving users between Unity servers, you need this.  In your case, you're moving mailboxes ... so as long as you have permissions on the mailstore and run the procedures to change teh Partner Server, I believe you'll be golden.

Hailey

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Josh,

High-level:

You will need to re-run the Permissions Wizard again. It won't change any permissions that are already set but it will set permission on the new Message Store (i.e., new Exchange server for you).

You will need to re-run the Message Store configuration wizard. This will allow you to re-point your server to the new Partner Server for Exchange.

I have to double check, I believe you're OK from a user level - however, there may be a minor task you need to complete with GSM or the Migrate Subscriber data tool. But I think you're good as long as your Unity server itself is staying the same.

I'll try to dig up procedures for you as well.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!!!

Awesome.  thanks for your help!

Would greatly appreciate if you could find the configuration change you mention with GSM.  I'm not very experienced with Unity and don't really know where to look to find the answers.  However, that gives me a great start!

This may show up twice as I responded via email but it didn't show up yet:

Here you go man: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_060.html#wp1126324

I think you're good without GSM.  Typically if you're moving users between Unity servers, you need this.  In your case, you're moving mailboxes ... so as long as you have permissions on the mailstore and run the procedures to change teh Partner Server, I believe you'll be golden.

Hailey

thank you, really appreciate it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: