Views
Helpful
Replies

How to record forwarded calls from CUCM

WillF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have regulated users that need to have their calls recorded at all times. However these users are able to forward their phones to personal mobiles etc. And I want to keep that option open for them so they can work remotely. 

Is there any way that I can record the calls, with our on-prem recorder, that get forwarded on using CUCM in some way? Is there a way that I can automatically conference in a device to that call, which will then record the calls?  

Ideally I would like to try and use the CUCM for this, rather than a 3rd party solution or recording the users personal devices. 

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM cannot do call recording, you always need recording application.

To record such calls you could use network SPAN recorded rather than built in bridge. All major call recording applications (Calabrio, NICE, Verint, etc.) support SPAN recording.

Thanks for the response, although there is a slight misunderstanding.

I'm not wanting the CUCM to act as the voice recorder, but rather use the CUCM to route forwarded calls to the voice recorder, as well as the intended recipient.

I have thought about using a network SPAN but where would you need to SPAN the call from? As when a call gets forwarded by the CUCM is leaves the network all together, and the parties communicate over the PSTN. 

Thanks.

CUCM can only route calls to recorded when you use Built In Bridge recording option which means the call would need to be handled by an IP phone. If the call is forwarded to non-Cisco destination via call forward then CUCM cannot redirect the stream to recording server. You would need to do either SPAN or look into CUBE forking as an option.

Is there perhaps a way to create a conference with the Voice recorder which would be assigned to a Route Pattern?

Adportas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but with the current situation(with Covid) this scenario has become very common. Our Company(adportas.com) has a Cisco Certified call recording solution and we have a module that AUTOMATICALLY creates a conference with the recorder each time an agent's IP phone receives a call that has to be forwarded to his mobile. This module can also record calls done directly between an agent's mobile and a client by manually adding the recorder to the conversation as a conference.  Please let me know if we can help. juane@adportas.com