Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove Prefix 00

Dear Community Members,

We have come across an issue when try to make call to 600546002. As per the Telco issue is related to CUCM/ Voice Gateay, because this number being sent to them with prefix "'00"' since this is a national call so no '00'' prefix with 600546002. 

Would you please guide me if there is any setting to do on CUCM / Voice Gateway to remove this Prefix.

16 Replies 16

The 00 can be added from the cucm as well as from gateway.

we need to find out from where the 00 are added.

kindly run Dailed  number Analysis (DNA) and share the out put.

Also share the gateway configuration.

From gateway debug isdn q931 if it’s pri 

And if it’s sip  provide the output  of debug voice ccapi inout 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

How to run dialed number analysis ?

you need sh run from gateway or only debug isdn q931 if it’s pri 

mand it’s soo provide put of debug voice ccapi inout ???

Hi , 

Please use https://callmanagerIP/dna

Read further here to know more about to usage of DNA.

debug isdn q931 will give us the called number and calling number details (if you are using PRI).

Regards

Share the voice gateway configuration. 

Also share the output of debug voip ccapi inout if its sip

And if PRI share the debug isdn q931 

For DNA

Go to CUCM Serviceability page

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 5.16.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-04-21 at 5.17.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-04-21 at 5.18.55 PM.png

It shows the result on a popup window. Share the screenshot and it contains the call flow. 

Response Signature

Dear Nithin,

Thanks for the information to fix the issue.

attacing the Show Run and Dialed Anaylser output, i have enabled the debug voip ccapi inout debug isdn q931 on th eVoice Gateway when i tried to make a call from from dont see any output, please advise

Hi Kaleem,

Could you please send another screenshot with an expanded transformation mask? 

image.png

might have enabled logging buffer (logging buffered 10000000). Please enter show log and see if it displays anything. Its better you clear all the logs (clear logging) and make another test call, and input show log. 

Share both the expanded screenshot and debug output. 

Regards

Sorry for the late reply, please see attached expanded transformation mask

I have checked your config and this is what I would suggest that your do.

voice service voip
 no allow-connections h323 to h323
 no allow-connections h323 to sip
 no allow-connections sip to h323
 no allow-connections sip to sip
!
sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0/0
sccp ccm <IP of CM CPE 1> identifier 1 version 7.0 ;our standard is that identifier equals last digit in CM IP address
sccp ccm <IP of CM CPE 2> identifier 2 version 7.0 
sccp ccm <IP of CM CPE 3> identifier 3 version 7.0 
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 10
 bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 associate ccm 1 priority 1
 associate ccm 2 priority 2
 associate ccm 3 priority 3
 associate profile 1 register <name>_xcode ! Create this xcoder in CM
 associate profile 2 register <name>_cfb ! Create this CFB in CM
!
dspfarm profile 2 conference  
 no maximum sessions 
 no codec g729br8
 no codec g729abr8
 maximum sessions ? ! need to check what is available, then to max what your have. For conference bridge profile always use an even number as it will always use the entire slot in the DSP anyway. so setting it to an uneven number wastes DSP resources.
 no shutdown
!
dspfarm profile 1 transcode  
 no maximum sessions 
 no codec g729br8
 no codec g729abr8
 maximum sessions ? ! need to check what is available, then to max what your have.
 no shutdown
!
dial-peer voice 351 voip
 no incoming called-number .
!
dial-peer voice 357 pots
 no translate-outgoing called 1
 no direct-inward-dial
 default forward-digit
!
dial-peer voice 359 voip
!
dial-peer voice 1351 voip
!
no ip default-gateway 172.16.35.254

Most of these change has noting to do with your issue as such that you ask about, but are either wrong configuration or at least not needed. The parts in bold text is related to your question.

This is what is making the 00 be sent to the service provided for international calls. In general you should avoid using the old type of translations and use voice translation rules instead as they are more powerful.
translation-rule 1
 Rule 0 ^900 00

By my account this in effect drops the 9 and keeps the double 00, if the intent was to drop all the rule should have been ^900 <nothing>, but as stated you should really use voice translation rules instead or just let the default number cosumption on POTS dial-peers do its work on this. The later is what I have suggested in the configuration changes.

Also doing this is a very bad practice.
voice service voip
ip address trusted list
ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ! Doing this is very bad as you would turn off all built in security for the call service. Better to add the IPs that you know that the gateway would interact with directly, like your CM nodes IPs for example.

About not seeing any output from the debugs I assume that you did "term mon" to get the output into the terminal where you'd connected? To turn off the output do "term no mon". If you still do not see any output check that you do not have "no logging monitor" in your configuration as that would stop anything to be written to the terminal.

Response Signature

+5 ...

@Roger Kallberg detailed explanation as always. Keep up the good work!!!!

Regards, 

Shalid 

translation-rule 1
Rule 0 ^900 00

The above rule gets applied when he dial 90060054602. But asper the DNA, he dials 960054602.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 175006.png

Response Signature

Your absolutely correct @Nithin Eluvathingal I stand corrected.

@kaleemullahbilal1 then you'll need to continue to search for where the number is transformed.

Response Signature

Kindly share the expanded DNA screenshot. Need to see if there exist any translations getting applied before sending the calls to gateway.

Turn ON Terminal Monitor when debugging. Then issue  debug voip ccapi inout or  debug isdn q931 commands.

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, fine tune your configurations asper the best practice.

Type 7 password is getting deprecated move to type 9.

Response Signature

Please attach the expnded DNA Screenshot

After enabling the loggin could see anything on the terminal monitor

Please state clearly what is the number you call to, list it as is when it leaves the CM to the GW and what you'd want it to be when it leaves the GW to your service provider, aka to PSTN.

As you list it now you say that "00" should not be sent to the SP and then you show the number as "600546002", quite confusing. ':-|'

Do you want to just remove 00 from the early part of the number, ie keep 66546002? Or do you want to get rid off all instances of 00, ie send 65462? I assume that it something all together different, but as you open up for interpretations by not providing very clear information to start with it's not easy for us to know.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: