cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to retreive voicemail messages that have been already deleted from individual mailbox

melozurdo78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Do you know how to retreive voicemail messages that have been already deleted from mailbox.

My customer is using Cisco Unity Connection Administration 8.6.2ES44.22900-44.

We are weekly backing up the attached.

Ideas would be very much appreacited. Thanks.

Nacho

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check the option for messages when you configure the backup.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

please refer the section "Message aging policies" on the below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag190.html#92160

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12712361/archiving-messages-my-cisco-unity

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphonex/7xcucugphone050.html#wp1010843

The message aging policy in my Unity Connection is configured as attached.

It seems all the voice messages located in deleted folder on individual mailboxes are permanently deleted after 7 days and they can´t retreived anymore...am I right? Is there any way to change this to let me retreive old deleted messages. Once done, how could I retreive the .wav file for an specific voicemail message?

Once the message is permanently deleted, there is no way to get it back. If you change this config, it will only affect the behavior from that moment forward.

If you have a backup, you would need to spin up a server where to restore it, and then you can use the message archiver to get that particular message.

HTH

java

Attached is what we are backing up every week. I think we are not backing up voicemail messages for all the mailboxes, right?. All the .log files you see are backed up in a server.

So for my understanding is that first we have to change or unable the default message aging policy. Doing so we will be retreiving old messages at any time, right?

After that, it supposed that all voicemail messages are stored in the mailbox database, right? You mention use message archiver...what´s that? is it an external application to be installed? Thanks.

Right, for some reason you're not backing up the actual messages, just the config and greetings.

Yes, if you change or disable the aging policy, it will affect the behavior from that moment forward.

Yes, however, the DB can also fill up, that's the reason why the aging policy is in place, if you disable it, you'll have to manually delete the messages.

Yes, the message archiver is at cisco unity tools, it helps to pull out a VM from CUC when required.

HTH

java

Do you know how to backup the actual messages?

Check the option for messages when you configure the backup.

HTH

java

Hey Jaime,

Do you know what is the message archiver tool cost? or it´s a free application?

Thanks

Nacho

Hi Jaime,

I have installed message archiver and it is working perfectly. Just one question.

We are doing backups for Connection Greetings Voicenames, Connection Database, Connection Messages UnityMBXDB1 and CUC.

Message Aging Policy is configured as follows:

Permanently Delete Messages in the Deleted Items folder in 7 days.

Please confirm the following with me:

At time an old voice message is required from an specific subscriber (user), just I will have to run the application and select "archive all voice messages for a particular subscriber" option and then search for the subscriber (user) and then click on "Archive". Or this is something to do previously because if not I won´t be able to look for the specific voice message?

I am alsking you this because customer wants that all voice messages from all subscriber can be recovered at any time and the tool only let me select one subscriber at time I am running the application.

Thanks

Nacho

Select Action:

• Archive selected voice message for a particular subscriber: This option allows you to archive one or more voice messages for a selected subscriber at a time.
  • Archive all voice messages for a particular subscriber: This option allows you to archive all voice messages (including inbox and deleted items only) for a selected subscriber.
  • Archive all voice messages for a particular subscriber between a time zone: This option allows you to archive all voice messages for a selected subscriber between a specified time ranges.
  • View all voice messages for a particular subscriber: This option allows you to view all voice messages (including inbox, draft and deleted items only) for a selected subscriber.

It will save whatever it finds at the time you run it, just as any backup. The tool is not meant to be a backup tool, just a tool to quickly extract messages from users whenever required. If you want to use it as such, you'll need to run it on a fixed schedule, PER user.

Your customer really needs something like this

http://donomasoftware.com/donoma-message-vault/

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: