cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to search for unused User Device Profiles in CUCM 10?

Akin Utku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I have a customer who would like to find out which User Device Profiles are not being used.  I think the following methods would work but I have no idea how to do these in bulk: 

1: Figure out if the User Device Profile is associated with a user or not 

2: Figure out when the last time the user device profile was used (Is this possible?  Direct database query?  If so how?) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Akin

2 Replies 2

I had the same issue in my former company but luckily we used the "Login User ID" field wher we had the end user associated.
As soon as the User left the company and therefor was deleted in CUCM that field became empty.
So what I did was following
Generate a User Device Profile Report (Bulk Administration > User device Profiles > Generate UDP Reports
Select from the device fields Profilename and Login User ID
Let the report run and open the report file (you will find it at the job scheduler)
All UDP's without a login user ID are usually not assigned to a user and you may want to delete those.

No idea about the SQL query but you maybe find something usefull in the database dictionary http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

Eike

Awesome, that's the route I went down.  Thanks for the helpful reply!