cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set Source UDP port to 5060 in SIP Signalling on Cisco CUBE.

korobkinaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

Our ITSP only permits SIP Traffic with Source UDP port equal 5060. By default, Cisco CUBE uses dynamic port. Please help.

14 Replies 14

Hi,

you may able to use the command connection-reuse in the CUBE.
can you try the command and test it

(config)# sip-ua
(config-sip-ua)# connection-reuse via-port

Regards,
Shalid

Have I need to restart sip service on CUBE or reboot whole system?

I don't think you need any reboot. safe side try to do a sip service restart

regards,
Shalid

Is it possible to make changes per dial-peer?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you taking about SIP signaling port? CUBE will use 5060 by default, perhaps you need to use UDP vs. TCP which sometimes needs to be changed depending on ITSP requirements, but you should not need to change signaling port.  Only RTP media ports are dynamic as you need different port for each call and these can be adjusted if needed.

Nope, in tcdump file i can see that CUCM listens on 5060 port, but in outgoing SIP messages at Layer4/UDP it sets dynamic port.

Can you provide snippet of "debug ccsip messages" and your configuration?

Unfortunately, at the level he's talking about, layer 4, you wont see the ephemeral port CUBE is sourcing from, in a layer 5 debug ccsip message. You'd need a lower level debug like debug ip udp, or a packet capture to see it. I'm actually really curious about the impact changing this would have on a system, via the connection-reuse command. I've seen several posts on the forums where this command helped the poster. I have personally never used it.

Hello All,

I was having similar issue and I used connection reuse command on sip-ua config and capture packets using wireshark and I see src and des port as 5060.

Thank you

Hi All,

I have also observed this issue where ITSP provider was not accepting the outgoing call , when R Port in outgoing invite section was different from the first invite message. It SIP message while checking I found the SIP R Port was dynamic due to which ITSP was rejecting the call.

I have used below command under sip-ua  which fixed the issue , I checked sip debugs again and found the all sip message were using sip r port as 5060 which was coming in first invite.

It is basically used to use the same port for the sip message communication.

connection-reuse via-port

Thanks

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

linch
Level 1
Level 1

The same issue on Cisco Phone 7965G.

Can anyone help?

A few things, number one as your question is off topic to the OP it would be recommended to create your own post. Secondly it would be helpful if you gave a little more detailed information than just the phone model. For one are you using the phone with CM or are you using it with a 3:rd party SIP service?

Response Signature

Thank you? Ill create new post.

To answer your question, Im using Cisco PI Phone 7965G with Asterisk, but I think the problem is in phone settings, in traffic dump I see that packets from phone have high source port (49561 for ex.), which I want to change to 5060.

Is there the correct setting key to do that?

voip_control_port does not do the thing.

Sorry, but I have no experience what so ever with phones on 3:rd party SIP services. There are a few folks here in the community that has good knowledge in this area, hopefully one of them can chime in on this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: