cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup a Greeting before transfer a call to next Agent

than.rungsawang
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer request for having a greeting like "Agent is not available, we're transfer your call to next agent" before a call transfer to next agent and so on.

Step by step guide would be very appriciate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure, but when call leaves the line group and goes to Unity and then back to hunt pilot it will be considered a new call so you would not be able to send it to next "agent", you can on the other side attempt to send it to "longest idle" or "circular" agent by using proper algorithm in the line group. Also, consider that this may result in infinite call loop if nobody answers.

HTH, please rate all usful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to tell us what application you are using, I am assuming this is a contact center environment so is this UCCX or UCCE if UCCE is it with CVP or IP-IVR?

Also, out of curiosity what would you want to play such a message, this is unusual as normally you don't want caller to know they are queued to another agent?

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for reply

We are using CUCM 8.5(1) and Cisco Unity 8.0, not a fully function contact center.

The reason behind this is a customer's request, they just asked me that is it possible to a thing like this. After do some searching I found that there is no straight forward way to do( correct me if I'm wrong ) and I don't want to say to the customer that this is a limitation of the system, so I try to figure a way out.

*note:

The ideas is, our customer want to give a caller some progress status while the caller waiting, to make a caller feel like his/her call are being process.

CUCM and UCXN does not offer a way to queue a call to an "agent" until version 9 of CUCM where native call queuing is available and some basic call flow can be built, the user is not an agent, but simply has the ability to logout of the phone via HLOG feature.  This does not provide robust reporting, etc that you would expect in call center. For true contact center functionality you need to look at UCCX (contact center express) solution or UCCE (enterprise) offered by Cisco.

Chris

Is it possible to use a DN's Call Forward and Cisco Unity to accomplish this request ?

1. caller make a call to Hunt Pilot

2. a call routed( Hunt Pilot -> Hunt List -> Line Group -> DN )

3. when User not pickup a call, DN forward a call to Unity for greeting

4. Unity play greeting and transfer/forward a call back to next DN in a Line Group

5. all steps repeat until some User pickup a call

Thank you very much for reply and correct my terms.

Sure, but when call leaves the line group and goes to Unity and then back to hunt pilot it will be considered a new call so you would not be able to send it to next "agent", you can on the other side attempt to send it to "longest idle" or "circular" agent by using proper algorithm in the line group. Also, consider that this may result in infinite call loop if nobody answers.

Chris

Hi, I have some issue after setting up TEST ENV.

the setup:

1) in CUCM, create 1 Hunt Pilot( 8710 ) that contain 1 Hunt List( HL_8710 )

2) the Hunt List contain 2 Line Groups( LG_8710_1 and LG_8710_2 )

3) the first Line Group contain 3 DNs( 8711, 8712, 8713 ) and the second Line Group contain 1 DN( 8714 )

4) in Cisco Unity, create Subscriber with the same Extension(DN) for DN in first and second Line Group( 8711, 8712, 8713 and 8714 )

5) in CUCM set Forward No Answer Internal of DN 8711 to Voicemail

6) in CUCM set LG_8710_2 Hunt Options( all ) to Stop hunting

the issue:

1) I cannot find where to do a custom greeting for 8711 in Cisco Unity, when I make a call

directly to 8711 all I have heard is System Greeting "Your call cannot be completed ...", I have try using Subscriber Type = Exchange, Internet and Trusted Internet but none of them work for me

2) when a call reach to 8714 it should be stop hunting but I found that after a call leave 8714 it goes to LG_1 as circular and then go to 8714 again

I'm not sure I post my issue correctly because I already mark Correct Answer for this Question, if you need me to open a new Question please let me know.

Thank you very much for your great support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: