Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade CUCM 9.1 to CUCM 12.0

shinas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 9.1 which is running on BE 6000M and planning to upgrade to CUCM 12.

Could you please suggest the steps to upgrade from 9.1 to 12?

Regards,

Shinas

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I made a video on the procedure, and the mandatory reading is:

A) upgrade guide

B) release notes

C) README from ISO for upgrade

https://youtu.be/6ZveQMvzBIo

Thoroughly review all the above docs and you'll have all the info that is required for the upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I could not open the video !!
This is the first time for me to migrate to version 12.
i have a " BE 6000 UCS C200 M2", vmware 5,0, on this server i have noeuds with version 9.1.
we need to migrate all the nodes to an other UCS (BE6M-XU-RF).
So, my question , it is possible to switch off the virtual machine of cucm, doing an export from the first ucs and doing an import of this vm on the new ucs ?
we have not some limitations to doing this export/import from a vmware to an other vm ? 
I choose to do export/import, because i like to 
Also, when i migrate my vms on version 9.1 we need to connect them to a NATed vlan for the smart licence ?

Thanks in advance
Asma

Videos are not available as YT disabled my account

Migration options are largely the same, no matter the versions involved, DRS, vMotion, PCD, copy the VM, etc.

In your case, PCD would do the job as it would remove the need to alter the VM specs, and change the disk size, and you'd end up with a fresh 12.x install.

No, for smart licensing you can allow direct registration, use a proxy, or use SSMS.

HTH

java

Hi. Any chance you can upload the video to another share site for download.

Thx

VKS

I'm still working on that, but I can't use any public video sites, I need to use internal alternatives.

HTH

java

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, I want to upgrade 9.1 to 12.0 is there any chance to see the video and will lose my ELM licenses if I upgrade it or the licenses will move to 12.0?

Thanks

Licensing is always handled separately, you need to have your smart account and virtual account ready as explained in the documentation, the video does not cover that. You either use the wizard from software.cisco.com if licenses are already there, or work with licensing to transfer your licenses (assuming you have your support contracts for major upgrades or bought the upgrade to be entitled to do so)

https://digital-learning.cisco.com/#/ecourse/8578

HTH

java

Licensing will depend on how your entitlement to use 12.x comes about.  9.x licences won't work for 12.x nor will they convert.  If you have an active SWSS contract you can order the upgrade via PUT ("Product Upgrade Tool").  Cisco licensing will want to see the S/O from that upgrade order, along with your contract number and information from your 9.x ELM in order to issue your 12.x licences.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: