Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to use multiple languages in unity connection for greetings

Hi All,

I have unity connection 7.5 Version. i want to use multiple languages for greetings. i mean i have different users from different geographical location. so i want to use engilsh, french and spanish. can i customize my setup like that.

Regards

Pardha

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pardha,

You need to download specific locale files from Cisco and install them on Unity Connection, then you will be able to select appropriate language anywhere language is selectable.  Here is the install guide for locales:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/installation/guide/8xcucig030.html

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the prompt reply. but i want my own recording. let me tell you my scenrio.

I have set of 20 users. 10 users belongs to english and other 10 users belongs to french.

all engish user anouncments and greetings should be in english.

All other 10 user anouncments and greeeting should be in french.

i dont want cisco greetings. i want my own greeting. after my greeting it should not prompt any of the other message.

Thank you in advance.

Are you talking about the user greeting? Then have them record the greeting anywhere they want in whatever language they want.  If you install multiple locales you can have each user record greeting in different language as well and then the appropriate language greeting will be played on who addresses this user by using "inherit language" feature. Though this will only work when addressing messages from withn voicemail, not by dialing from phone as that will simply use the default routing rule, unless you create custom rules.

HTH,

Chris