Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group to Voicemail Issues

paulmaddison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to divert a new hunt group to a voicemail box and am struggling.

My new hunt group contains 3 extensions and I would like the caller to be diverted to the final mailbox in the group if the call is not answered.

The hunt pilot has the "forward hunt no answer" set to point to the last extension in the group. The last extension has a permanent divert to voicemail. However, when I expect the call to divert I simply get the standard Unity message and it doesn't trip to the mailbox.

I have tried alternative ways of doing this such as using the Unity pilot number in the "forward hunt no answer section" and then using this as an alternative extension on the mailbox of the last extension in the hunt group.

I hope this makes sense??

Thanks

Paul.            

5 Replies 5

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul

Although you haven't specified which Voicemail product you are using (Unity / Unity Connection / Unity Express), this is gnerally default behaviour.

Each of the VM systems defaults to selecting the mailbox based on the original called number, not the final forwarding number. So basically it is trying to match a mailbox based around your hunt group number.

If you are running Unity/Unity Connection then an easy fix is to add the hunt pilot number as an alternate extension to the mailbox.

HTH

Barry Hesk
Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, it is Unity that I'm using. I should of mentioned that!

Ok, so if for example my hunt pilot is 1000 and the last number in my HG is 1003, I should put 1000 as an alternate extension in 1003 vmail box settings in Unity?

Thanks

Paul.

Yes. That should do the trick.

Barry

Barry Hesk
Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi Barry,

I have tried that and still no luck although I do understand what your suggesting.

What happens now is that when the caller gets diverted to vmail they hear the standard Unity greeting and not the mailbox greeting of the extensions. I'm starting to think this might be something to do with the calling search space?

Thanks.

Paul.

Hello - this is now resolved.

I resolved by using the Unity hunt pilot number to divert the calls to. I then created a new voicemail box of the hunt pilot number within Unity using only the last 4 digits of the extension. (Previoulsy I had used the full DDI). This now works perfectly and I have sent up additional MWI's so that all members in the hunt group are notified of a message.

Thanks for your help

Paul M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: