cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt pilot alerting name not working in 11.5 SU6

Morkin
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded from CUCM 11.5 SU5 to SU6 recently and have discovered that alerting for the hunt pilot name is not being displayed on the phone any more. We tested with 88xx, 78xx, and 79xx series phones.

Has anyone else encountered this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This normalization script works...

M = {}
function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
local huntpilot = msg:getHeader("Call-Info")
local output = string.gsub(huntpilot,'huntpiloturi=\"(.*)<sip:(.*)>\"','huntpiloturi=\"%1\"<sip:%2>')
msg:modifyHeader("Call-Info",output)
end
return M

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Morkin
Level 1
Level 1

So I found in the sdl logs that the format of the huntpiloturi tag in the Call-Info field on the SIP invite changed between SU5 and SU6. The position of the double quotes has changed...

SU5:

huntpiloturi="Test Hunt Group"<sip:12345@192.0.0.1>

SU6:

huntpiloturi="Test Hunt Group<sip:12345@192.0.0.1>"

This might be related to CSCvn39109, but that states the update was made in SU5.

I am trying to work around this with a SIP normalization, but am running into an error with the gsub (string expected, got nil).

Any assistance would be appreciated. My script is...

M = {}

local huntpilot = msg:getHeaderValueParameter("Call-Info", "huntpiloturi")

local output = string.gsub(huntpilot,'\"(.*)<sip:(.*)>\"', '\"%1\"<sip:%2>')

msg:addHeaderUriParameter("Call-Info", "huntpiloturi", output)

end

return M

This normalization script works...

M = {}
local huntpilot = msg:getHeader("Call-Info")
local output = string.gsub(huntpilot,'huntpiloturi=\"(.*)<sip:(.*)>\"','huntpiloturi=\"%1\"<sip:%2>')
msg:modifyHeader("Call-Info",output)
end
return M

Hello! I have a silly question. I am experiencing this behavior as well and it sounds like you have a good fix. My question is where do you apply this? I was under the impression that normalization rules got applied to SIP trunks. In our situation the connection from the PSTN is still H.323 but the phones are SIP. I apologize if this is foolish but I would appreciate some direction.

Thanks!

Justin

My mistake, I should have known the SIP profile.

Thanks All

As an alternative to this script, I found that encapsulating the hunt pilot alerting name in CUCM with a double quote at the start and end also works.

That is also exactly what the Script does. IMO this is a Bug and should be fixed. We upgraded to 12.5 last weekend and the issue still persists.

I am seeing this problem in CUCM 11.5(1)SU5, so it's not just SU6.

Also, your script wasn't working for me, but this modified version does:

M = {}

local function hunt_uri_rollback(msg)

local old_call_info = msg:getHeader("Call-Info")
    local new_call_info = string.gsub(old_call_info, "huntpiloturi=\"%%22(.*)%%22(.*)\";", "huntpiloturi=\"%1\"%2;")
    msg:modifyHeader("Call-Info", new_call_info)

end

M.outbound_INVITE = hunt_uri_rollback
M.outbound_UPDATE = hunt_uri_rollback

return M

That didn't work for me on 11.5SU6 but I ended up just quoting the alerting name.

It worded for  12.5.1.11900-146 also.

alreid12345
Level 1
Level 1

I can also confirm putting the descriptive name within the alerting name field in double quotes works around this issue.

Thanks for posting and sharing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: