Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot, CDR and translation behavior

markbialik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a strange situation which has been boggling my mind for days.  I setup a hunt pilot in CM, added my extension to it, and made some test calls from another internal DN.  Everything works fine.  I ran a CDR hunt pilot detail report, and it reported the calls accurately (the calling party was the internal DN I was testing from).  I took it a step further, and translated one of our DID numbers to the hunt pilot number, and called from my cell phone.  Again, CDR reported my cell number as the calling party.  Everything looks good so far.  Here's where it goes haywire:

We have a bunch of toll-free numbers from our SIP provider.  Apparently we have 'switched' toll-free and not 'dedicated' (their terms, not mine).  They map/route each toll-free number to a block of contiguous numbers that start with our area code and then route them to our CUBE.  I'm probably not explaining this very elegantly... forgive me.  I'm a R/S guy and am learning the voice stuff as I go.  For example, 1-800-555-5555 is mapped to 111-222-3333 and sent to our CUBE.  I can then translate 111-222-3333 to the hunt pilot DN in Call Manager.  Works great, technically.  The only problem is, the CDR reports never reports on these calls.  It's like they never happened.

On the CUBE, if I issue a 'sh sip registration calls' I see the call, it lists my cell as the calling number and 111-222-3333 as the called number, which looks right to me.

I'm stumped why CDR can't report on these.  Would this be an issue with CDR, or a gateway/Call Manager configuration issue?  Like I said, the calls complete just fine.  It's the reporting that is screwed-up.  Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Check the "Digit Analysis Complexity" call manager service parameter and ensure it's set to "TranslationAndAlternatePatternAnalysis".

Sorry...since you're not familiar... From ccmadmin, go to System > Service Parameters and select a server and service is "Cisco CallManager". The Digit Analysis Complexity is toward the top. I think it's a per-server setting rather than global, so you'll want to check each server.

Will,

Good thought.  I wondered about that parameter myself.  Unfortunately, no change.  I did change the parameter on both the pub and sub.  Not sure if I needed to restart anything for that to take effect, but if so, I need to plan ahead for that.  Thanks.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: