cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Forward No Answer to Non-Unity Voicemail over SIP Trunk

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to setup a Hunt Pilot so that if there is no answer the calls will forward to a DN. If no one answers the DN, the calls will go to the voicemail box for that DN (as per the settings on the DN page). The tricky part is that we have two voicemail systems in use- Unity and a third party server that is accessed over a SIP Trunk (a voicemail pilot number is configured and applied to DNs- the pilot number points to a route pattern to send the call over the SIP trunk). For this situation, the DN is using the third party application.

Here's the odd thing: I can set this all up and if no one answers the call to the Hunt Pilot, it does indeed forward to extension 100, however, when it goes to the voicemail for that DN it dials the Unity pilot number (completely ignoring the configured third party voicemail system) and Unity says "The Operator is not Available". I can promise you, there's no voicemail setting for the Hunt Pilot or the DN that could get these calls to Unity, and yet, the Hunt Pilot is somehow ignoring the settings and defaulting to Unity.

Otherwise, the third party voicemail app works fine and has for years. Does anyone know if a Hunt Pilot is not able to forward calls over a SIP trunk? Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP. Can you put a CTI RP in front of the hunt pilot and assign the VMP on the line and then just CFA it all to the HP?  E.G. HP = 1000, move 1000 to CTI RP w/ VMP and CFA it back to the HP using like 1001 as the HP? May also work if you assign that DN that has the 3rd party profile to a CTI RP that the HP forwards to on no answer.

View solution in original post

Thanks, Joshua. That's the answer:  "From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP."

I tried your first suggestion, of using a CTI with a DN using the 3rd-party voicemail profile, and forwarding all calls to the Hunt Pilot. After a call is not answered, it then goes to my HP forwarded number and hits the 3rd party voicemail server (as defined on the CTI VMP). Thanks a lot, I appreciate all your help!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

You stated that the VM Profile for the 3rd Party Messaging server has a VM Profile applied to the DN that the call is forwarded to after hitting the hunt pilot, does the DN in question have a CSS that can reach the route pattern for the SIP trunk?

Yes, it does- if I dial the DN directly and no one answers, the call goes right to the 3rd-party voicemail system (over the route pattern for the SIP trunk).

So the call path looks like Hunt Pilot --> Hunt No Answer--> Extension --> No Answer Voicemail? If so the first redirecting number would be the hunt pilot, normally you would use a FRR in unity to accommodate. Sounds like a CSS/PT issue still between what CSS is being used in the Hunt, the directory number, and the VM Pilot. You're getting a generic unity message because the hunt pilot # is being forward to unity since its the first redirecting number, how it's getting there can probably be found by using DNA.

Thanks, Joshua. DNA shows that the call is being forwarded to the correct DN after extinguishing the route list options. The problem seems to be solely in the fact that when it comes time to forward to voicemail, instead of using my chosen voicemail profile/route pattern, it is using the system Default voicemail, which is 9000. It's like it knows it has to send to voicemail and yet it can't choose the one I want and reverts to the system Default. 

And yet, if I DNA a call attempt to 9000, it shows it's being blocked....

From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP. Can you put a CTI RP in front of the hunt pilot and assign the VMP on the line and then just CFA it all to the HP?  E.G. HP = 1000, move 1000 to CTI RP w/ VMP and CFA it back to the HP using like 1001 as the HP? May also work if you assign that DN that has the 3rd party profile to a CTI RP that the HP forwards to on no answer.

Thanks, Joshua. That's the answer:  "From what I remember since the HP is the original redirecting number, it will use the systems default VMP (I assume its unity) even if you're forwarding it to another DN with a different VMP."

I tried your first suggestion, of using a CTI with a DN using the 3rd-party voicemail profile, and forwarding all calls to the Hunt Pilot. After a call is not answered, it then goes to my HP forwarded number and hits the 3rd party voicemail server (as defined on the CTI VMP). Thanks a lot, I appreciate all your help!

Glad it worked for you! Please mark my response as the solution. Take care!