cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If I import LDAP user to new CUCM where no LDAP config, then would they become inactive LAP User ?

best2sons
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco UC Experts,

I have new project, A company will take over B company IP Phones and employees.
So I have to build new CUCM12.5 in to new UCS Server and do basic configuration.
After that, I need to import phones, device profiles, end users from company B exiting CUCM export BAT data.
When I setup new CUCM, AD with user data will not be ready, after 2 months, AD will be ready.
So I have a concern about this LDAP synced end user import as phones and EM has user information and need to create user on CUCM.

I have few question and need your advice.

1. When I import user from BAT from B company CUCM to new CUCM12.5 where no LDAP sync config, how is the status of this user ?  is it LDAP User(Active or InActive ??) or Local User ??
2. When I import LDAP Synced enduser from B company CUCM BAT to A company new CUCM12.5, would these imported new user be LDAP inactive user and removed after next garbage collection time ? what will happen after importing ?

3. If they are supposed to remove, then should I change them to Local User ?
If yes, then when AD Sync is ready, Can I change back to LDAP Sync, then will they become LDAP active user again ?

4. If they can still be LDAP active user as there is no LDAP Sync, then when AD Sync is ready, Can I change back to LDAP Sync, then will they become LDAP active user again ?

As this situation is not normal, Please share your advice, Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I’m not sure if by import you mean BAT or something and if so I don’t know if their ldap status or directory relationship comes with. 

You can change them to local if it does, or change the status column I think in the end user table. 

they will not authenticate when local, but will become synced one you get that relationship running.

the status only changes if you run sync again so if you don’t they will stay active. If they go inactive they will be erased, so you don’t want that. Local or active - and for active a sync relationship needs to be configured , even if it doesn’t work. 

Hi Adam,

Yes, I will import this LDAP synced user from other CUCM to new CUCM12.5 where no LDAP config by BAT.

So can you confirm it will become Local User ?

I think depend on some version(someone mentioned from 11.0, it is converted back to LDAP when they have sync up with AD), but I am not sure and need someone who has actual experience on this case.

Thanks

Jason

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee