cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P 10.5 and PostgreSQL 12 - Schema created but Cisco XCP Message Archiver service won't start

Shaun H
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has anyone ever attempted to use PostgreSQL 12 as an external database successfully? My IM&P version is 10.5.2.24900-8. I could only find information concerning PostgresSQL up to version 10, but as the Windows server I had been given access to already had version 12 installed I thought I would give it a go. Connectivity seems to be fine, and the database schema containing 27 tables has been generated.

I have activated the Cisco XCP Message Archiver but the service itself will not start; the page states that "Cisco XCP Message Archiver Service Start Operation was Successful", but under the service status it is 'Not Running'. I have tried stopping and starting the Cisco XCP Router service both before and after activating the Archiver but this did not make a difference. 

The postgresql file is amended as follows:

• escape_string_warning = off
  • standard_conforming_strings = off

I have also unconfigured the Compliance setup and the External DB and added it all back in, ensuring that services were restarted, all to no avail.

When I attempt to start the Archiver, RTMT tells me this:

16:20:30.104 |f768eb70| debug| MAService.cpp:206 Got db config. Configuring.

16:20:30.242 |f768eb70| info| ODBCConnection.cpp:202 connect dsn:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx username:jabber type:2

16:20:30.253 |f768eb70| error| ODBCConnection.cpp:654 unable to fetch columns for jm

16:20:30.253 |f768eb70| info| DBConnection.cpp:392 validate schema for database: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx /jabber missing table: jm

16:20:30.256 |f768eb70| error| DBConnection.cpp:418 validate schema for database: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx /jabber result: mismatch

As you can see it is unable to retrieve the jm table, but the schema is definitely there and I can confirm that no data has been written to it so far. Would anyone have any other things in mind for me to check or change, before I try going for an older PostgreSQL version?

Many thanks!

1 Reply 1

Mohajibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

I think you will have to try to downgrade to the Cisco tested and recommended PostgreSQL ver. 10.7 or ver. 10.5. The PostgreSQL download website for  x64-bit windows download .

I am not sure what version of Windows server you are running but it has to conform to the PostgreSQL install prerequisite.  I have the same issue at the moment but I had installed PostgreSQL 13 on Windows server 2019 and got errors in the PostgreSQL log located here C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\data\log. In fact it created the following error in the log STATEMENT: select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname, a.atttypid, t.typname, a.attnum, a.attlen, a.atttypmod, a.attnotnull, c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.oid, pg_get_expr(d.adbin, d.adrelid), case t.typtype when 'd' then t.typbasetype else 0 end, t.typtypmod, c.relhasoids from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on n.oid = c.relnamespace and c.relname like E'users' and n.nspname like E'public') inner join pg_catalog.pg_attribute a on (not a.attisdropped) and a.attnum > 0 and a.attrelid = c.oid) inner join pg_catalog.pg_type t on t.oid = a.atttypid) left outer join pg_attrdef d on a.atthasdef and d.adrelid = a.attrelid and d.adnum = a.attnum order by n.nspname, c.relname, attnum
ERROR: column c.relhasoids does not exist at character 245

Basically I have ended up downgrading to PostgreSQL version 10.5 and gave the DB account to login from IM&P Message Archiver super user admin role and rights the PostgreSQL. As well do not forget to allow the IP address of the IM&P in PostgreSQL pg_hba.conf file  (md5, password or trust allow permission. Test with trust or password only first).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: