cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P Intercluster Peer

tyler@nds
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to migrate from an on-premise environment to a cloud environment.  The request is that B2B federated contacts and connections remain in place, but users will need to log into the new (cloud) environment for Jabber and RCC/CTI phone control.  One issue we face is that the domain will likely be changing (i.e. from onpremsolution.com to cloudsolution.com).  The initial thought is to create Intercluster Peers between the on-premise and cloud solutions, but that raises some specific questions:

• Can this be accomplished using different domains, or must the legacy domain (onpremsolution.com) be present in the cloud environment (cloudsolution.com)?
  • How can an account for User1 be mapped to the new account on the cloud side keeping in mind that the IM address (not just domain) and username will be changing but the URI will remain the same (i.e. B2B contact sends an IM to User@onpremsolution.com, but this message should be delivered to E164extension@cloudsolution.com – the URI will be User@onpremsolution.com in both platforms)
  • Will all federated contacts on either side be transitive and searchable?

Thank you in advance...

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: