Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence 10.5 Installation Issue

Song Yi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have successfully installed and configured CUCM 10.5.2.10000-5 , but I proceed to install the IM&P server 10.5.2.1000-9 on the same node, the prompt error. "This is not the First Node in the cluster"

This is IM and Presence Server version 10.5.2.1000-9, I have tried delete the VM in ESXi Host and rebuild the VM using OVA template, added this IMP Server in my CUCM (System --> Server), but still the same isse.

Does anyone know what is the problem with this and how to solve it?

35 Replies 35

I'm agree with you. A real nightmare, as I've experienced exactly the same issue and work order as you did.  The procedure for CUCM/IM/UCCX/PLM installations  is terribly "vintage 80s" to stay polite and software packages are just not  tested enough by Cisco before going in the field and wrong docs are writed down.

In the last years  I see the UC software quality going down and down, and I spend more and more time to make simple upgrades on customer sites where it is expected to be easyer in 2015.

Also the CUCM/IM/UCCX upgrade pathes described in Cisco live breakout sessions, or upgrade guides does mostly not work properly, even when using the right service packs and following the described steps, and TAC documents are more and more coming up in the support forum to explain us that  the official steps are wellknown to not work, and that more migration steps should be included.

I just have a remark about our IM issue:  would it be an option to just switchback the cucm to the 10.5.1 partition in order to install and connect IM 10.5.1, and than to make the upgrade to 10.5.2 again (is shorter as deleting the VMs several times)

I would disagree on the software quality of CallManager. CallManager is getting more complex with every release and as features are added, bugs will inevitably be introduced. I don't feel the overall quality of CallManager is going down. (Quality of phone firmware, though, is a different matter. That is going down, IMHO)

As to documentation...*sigh* My account manager is heartily sick of me complaining about documentation. CUCM 10.5 was released last year. And where are the docs for it...? I can't find any 10.5 docs on Cisco's website.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Guys,

in the last years Cisco began to leak in support and quality in general, but about Communication manager software I agree with Gordon, Call manager is the number one in Call management and available features, not the same for Phone firmware.

I've had many issue with 7821 IpPhone firmware, that Flapping between SRST and CUCM, when registered to SRST don't came back to CUCME until physically resetting , and TAC solution absolutely not prepared to solve that.

Now with firmware 10.3.x, 7821 seems to be pretty stable.

About Installation of the IM & Presence server without the right version of the boot able ISO, As mentioned above I solved making bookable ISO using Ultra ISO.

Please, read carefully the guide posted below by cogden, and Dowloaded Non Boot able ISO, became fully bookable and works like a Charm . I've installed IM & Presence server 10.5.2 using non bookable ISO downloaded from Cisco Web site, and pushed to it the boot . info extracted with Ultra ISO from bootable ISO image of the 10.5.1 DVD.

Good Luck 

Alessandro

Hi!

When you upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2, you need to install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn file.to CUCM

After you have installed the file, you can start deployment cup 10.5.2

I tested the conversion with UltraISO, 10.5.1 bootable and 10.5.2 and non-bootable image and it works, but "not supported".

No, that's completely wrong, you need the new keys when going from PRE-10 to a 10.x+ release, not when you're already on 10.

10.x already has the new keys, I did that upgrade in my lab and no keys were required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

BjoernMartin
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, you need to add your IM&P Server to cucm database as "subscriber"

Hi All

I found the problem same with you. exaclty version. I try to use your ways ( Create update file to bootable file but it show Error with Blank. (Photo like below.)  

Please told me how to fix this.

I am having exact same issue.

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue with blank Error screen. Tried to collect dumplog but it shwows unreadable symbols.
But i know that my CUCM has configuration that was loaded using DRS from previous version. Almost sure that before me there was another CUPS server and suppose that somewere in database that old CUPS still exist. Is it possible to check and then delete it manually from CUCM DB?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Solution was found. Empty error screen appears because of ntp showed unsynchronised status

admin:utils ntp status
ntpd (pid 28682) is running...

remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
==============================================================================
 X.X.X.X    LOCAL(1)         8 u    1   64    1    0.906    0.207   0.357

unsynchronised
   polling server every 8 s

It has to be fixed. After ntp will be synchronised installation process should run without errors.

hi:

One question the ntp error, will be in the CUCM?

I have the same mistake, the blank error in the CUCM IM&P instalation

Hi Bruno,

Yes. NTP must be configured on CUCM. From CUCM publisher perspective IM&P is a Subscriber. So IM&P will use publisher's ntp to syncrhonize its own time.

Hello Yaroslav,

Great solution! you saved my day!

Thanks a lot.

Mazzy Star
Level 1
Level 1

before Installation of IM&P, configure first the IP Address( or host if using dns) at the CUCM's System>Server. 

Hi Mazzy

Thank you for your advise, but I already added it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: